Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ras y Moelwyn

Re: Ras y Moelwyn - Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by altye View Post
    Pictures from today's race are starting to appear here

http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk...elwyn2010.html

More to come!

Al.
    nice pics i look like s**t again..lol wow it was hot.

Re: Ras y Moelwyn - Pictures

got a nice tan an all!

Re: Ras y Moelwyn

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have some photo's from the adult race yesterday on my website www.turniptowers.co.uk. It looked a great race yesterday, well done everyone who managed to complete it!

Fantastic race and a stunning day. Some of those descents were just plain Awesome- could have done with a bit more of the cool breeze in places on the ascents but thoroughly enjoyable made all the better by the amazing views from the top- I did manage to look up a couple of times!

Hope the race organiser managed to get some more sponsorship- i found some local pages saying that it cost around £1700 to put on and with 100 people running at £5 a time- you don't have to be a genius in maths to see a bit of a shortfall there...

Anyway, well done to everyone who took part and thanks again Alastair for the ace photos as ever- we all do really appreciate seeing ourselves after the race!

Cheers

Mr Ed

Great day out. Fab weather and great views. Nice to see where you're going for a change. Must echo Mr Ed's point about sponsorship for the race. Do hope they manage to off set their costs. I'd be interested to know what the £1700 costs are made up of. Apologies to "King of the Mountains" for my slight nav error within sight of the finish. Ended up in someone's back garden and so added another 15mins to the route. Out of interest, the route measured less than 9miles on gps.
    Ah, you have a lovely voice, a bit like Celine Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Celine Dion View Post
    Great day out. Fab weather and great views. Nice to see where you're going for a change. Must echo Mr Ed's point about sponsorship for the race. Do hope they manage to off set their costs. I'd be interested to know what the £1700 costs are made up of. Apologies to "King of the Mountains" for my slight nav error within sight of the finish. Ended up in someone's back garden and so added another 15mins to the route. Out of interest, the route measured less than 9miles on gps.
    Yes, my Garmin only made it 8.75miles. Felt further, though. Do you measure a fell race like a road race, though? In which case it's the distance on the ground (if you used a wheel to measure) whereas a GPS measures point to point (as if it was meaured on the map) so will always give shorter the hillier the route.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnipTowers View Post
    Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have some photo's from the adult race yesterday on my website www.turniptowers.co.uk. It looked a great race yesterday, well done everyone who managed to complete it!
    Great photos. One of mine almost made me look athletic!!

Great Race - look forward to 2011.

Wish I had completed a reccie first - so i knew more about the route - there seemed to be a few sections where some "local" knowledge would help :-)

hot weather made it a little difficult - but the winning time was marvelous.

the slate and water bottle was a nice touch. Well done to all.

Great to be out on the Moelwyns on a sunny day,made the race a bit more enjoyable.well done to the race organisers for staging a fantastic event.
    i really suffered on the last bit was nearly down to a crawl,lack of fittness on the long stuff really showed.
    Mynydd Mawr on tuesday anyone else having a go?

Master

The under eighteens was brill. Beautiful day and place but slightly miffed at the Marshalls who were poor and I lost so much time and energy whilst they spoke welsh even though I said I couldn't. big thanks to ydt and duncz for the lift back to liverpool and the free tour of Wales it was great
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before