Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hipster cyclocross

Re: Hipster cyclocross

That does look nice. Single speeds do look so clean and simple. I haven't gone down the route yet of going for single and fixed...

This be my cyclocross...

I have a cross bike... I am carrying it up Simon's Fell in my avatar... so it certainly has been and gets used, even though I am predominantly on the roadbikes at the moment...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Right, I'd love to get in to bikes but all I see is a massive chasm to fill with money, for me fell running is about all I can afford. (One pair of shoes a year is about it, the rest of my hard earned is spent on DJ gear!! Ha!! I must be like a really uncool hipster, so uncool I'm more than cool - I even run barefoot!!).

Anyway when I had a bike when I was a teenager it had loads of gears and I needed all of them, what purpose is a bike with only one gear? And are they like the old bikes that you used to back peddle to brake? And I ask again, why would you want them unless of course you are a hipster who wants to do big skids?

Also just one last thing, isn't a cyclo cross just a lighter mountain bike with drop handle bars... The distinctions look blurry to me. Oh and whats a "hybrid" ?

No, a cyclocross bike is more akin to a road bike with knobbly tyres and wider clearances so it doesn't clog up with mud. A hybrid is halfway between a mountain bike and a road bike, usually flat bars and narrow slick tyres. Bikes with one gear?? Ideal winter bikes as there's nothing to go wrong when the roads are covered in salt and it's chucking it down with rain.

Lola

Oh Hann, no!
    Sleeveless with armwarmers. Thats like arriving at a garden party in an off the shoulder frock and long lace gloves. Simply will not do, sends all the wrong messages - gives that stocking top effect to your arms (I hate that new EEK, it just looks, well, suggestive - or is only me?)