Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gangrene?

Re: Gangrene?

So Im presuming they havent actually done anything to the blister then zoot?

I have a thing about blisters where i cant help but either shove a pin through it or even let it meet the scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    So Im presuming they havent actually done anything to the blister then zoot?

I have a thing about blisters where i cant help but either shove a pin through it or even let it meet the scissors.
    it's not really about the blister any more - it was an old one that got infected - so now it looks like leprosy really rather than a blister

as for blisters themselves, I'm assured the best way to get them to heal is to leave them be, i.e., don't pop or take the skin away if it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    it's not really about the blister any more - it was an old one that got infected - so now it looks like leprosy really rather than a blister

as for blisters themselves, I'm assured the best way to get them to heal is to leave them be, i.e., don't pop or take the skin away if it's still there.
    I know, i just cant help it.
    I got one on saturday, made a tiny hole to let it drain and just left it......its healed over fine but I've had a blister there once before when the entire blister ripped off with my sock leaving bare flesh. I suspect it will blister again in the future, i'll have to try taping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post

hope you make it? yes always leave blisters to heel with skin intact where poss.

Try give it a soak in salt water and if you really want to get rid of the dead skin theres always maggots. Seriously!!

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Picture of the offending article?
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Picture of the offending article?
    Good call
    "That was the night everything changed"

Doc says I shoudl give three peaks a miss - reckons there's too much of a chance I'll rub through the wound and get an infection in the bone of my bunion ...

But the infetion looks to me have been kyboshed by the antibiotics ...

B * LL * CKS!!!!