Thread: BG recce 24th/25th April?

BG recce 24th/25th April?

Not too long now until my attempt. Would anyone like to join me for a recce of part of the route this weekend?

Probably Leg 3 or at least the second half thereof. I haven't yet done the bit from Mickledore over Scafell and down to Wasdale - it was too snowy last time I was there - so I'd like to do that.

But Legs 4 & 5 together would also be good.

I'd particularly welcome company from anyone who can advise on good route choices, but any company would be good!

Leaf

Re: BG recce 24th/25th April?

Just in case you'd been wondering what I did and how I got on with my recce today, I parked at Seathwaite, went up to Esk Hause and then did BG route from Great End, over the Scafells (via Foxes Tarn - that seemed a long way down - I began to think I must have missed the path!), then to Wasdale where I stopped for a sandwich and met two ladies from Dallam who were just about to recce Leg 4 in preparation for their relay BG in a couple of weeks' time. Perfect!

We had a really good 'day' out and went as far as Green Gable from where they descended back to Wasdale and I descended to Seathwaite. It was such a nice and unexpected pleasure to have their company (& that of Daz the dog!) and very good weather conditions too.

(It was the first time I'd done the descent from Scafell though and I Didn't choose the best line!)

Leaf