Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BG May 1st

BG May 1st

Hi there.

Going to attempt a BG round on May 1st.

Starting at midnight friday night/saturday morning, going clockwise and hoping for 22 hours.

Same day as Coniston Championships.

Have all my pacers and support sorted but just wanted to let people in the area know what's going on so if you fancy a run or wave as we go past then we will be about.

Re: BG May 1st

Met Stu and his team of pacers has he was setting off on leg 3, I was recceing leg 3 up to Esk Hause so tagged along with them before turning back to Dunmail. Stu looked in good shape and was up on his 22 hour schedule when I left them.

All the best, hope the weather is kind and you have a good BG

Quote Originally Posted by Facewest-Stu View Post
    Hi there.

Going to attempt a BG round on May 1st.

Starting at midnight friday night/saturday morning, going clockwise and hoping for 22 hours.

Same day as Coniston Championships.

Have all my pacers and support sorted but just wanted to let people in the area know what's going on so if you fancy a run or wave as we go past then we will be about.
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Good luck and keep the world posted...

Should be almost finished if hoping to beat 22 hrs. I've got a colleague supporting last leg so will get some belated feedback on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by stustod View Post
    Met Stu and his team of pacers has he was setting off on leg 3, I was recceing leg 3 up to Esk Hause so tagged along with them before turning back to Dunmail. Stu looked in good shape and was up on his 22 hour schedule when I left them.
    Thanks for the company Stustod, good to have you along.

Stu was finally looking tired as he came into Honister. The heavy shower during leg 4 appeared to have sapped his energy a little. However, with a full change of clothes and some hot food inside him he was looking strong again as he started up Dale Head. I don't know yet what time he finished but am confident he stayed ahead of his 22 hour schedule as he had six hours to play with from Honister.

Pleased to report that Stu finished in 20.59, having thrashed himself along the road to break 21 hours.

Great effort!
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Pleased to report that Stu finished in 20.59, having thrashed himself along the road to break 21 hours.

Great effort!
    Bloody good effort that!

Great effort early in the season. I was out with a group training on legs 3 and 4. Stu came past us on Broadstand. He certainly shot up Yewbarrow and Red Pike at a good rate. Weather was great until about 2pm when hail and sleet hit the tops

some pictures here http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/labdet...ahamLegs3And4#

With the dry spring conditions are great at the moment underfoot. Lets hope it carries on until end of May when I'm giving it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by tomphillips View Post
    Great effort early in the season. I was out with a group training on legs 3 and 4. Stu came past us on Broadstand. He certainly shot up Yewbarrow and Red Pike at a good rate. Weather was great until about 2pm when hail and sleet hit the tops

some pictures here http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/labdet...ahamLegs3And4#

With the dry spring conditions are great at the moment underfoot. Lets hope it carries on until end of May when I'm giving it a go!
    Good effort lads, and cracking pics.
    We did leg1 and first climb on leg 2 before dropping down to st johns in the vale yesterday.
    You can't beat a day running in the lakes.

Well done to Stu too. Cracking effort.
    Looking forward to my attempt in june