Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bofra

Re: Bofra

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Try PMing one of the Wharfedalers if all else fails: Wharfeego, stick, will marsh etc
    Hi Hugh, Mr. B, everyone else!

Just clarified with race organiser (David). Yep, race (the Dick Hudson's race) is definately ON, this weds. Starts at 7:30pm. Registration on Millenium gardens (the patch of grass opposite where the old college used to be).

Starts at the tarn, Ilkley, any route up to the moor, then most pick up the path over the moor top (past 12 apostles stone circle) and dropping down to the Dick Hudson's pub. Touch the moor boundary wall then back over to Ilkley (again, best line really is the established path!) but with finish at bottom of path that leads up to White wells. (...so slightly different start and finish locations)

Should be a good gaggle of us there! (...tho not sure if I'll make it )

Have fun!
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Has anyone got a route description for Gargrave and West Witton shows this w/e please?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Has anyone got a route description for Gargrave and West Witton shows this w/e please?
    Gargrave starts in a show feild and does a lap of the field, from the feild crosses the road then across the beck up the steep banking then the route crosses 3 field and a few stiles then you head up through some bracken where it starts getting steep then you go into a wood and climb up until you reach the moor then its just to the Sharphaw sumit and return the same way.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

For "beck" read "river"! Especially if there is much rain this week - we had to rig a safety line for the younger runners one year. Very disappointed that I can't go.

Cheers.

Here is an interesting account of the Burnsall Fell Race course records, this year is the centenary of the 12.59 run in 1909. The 1909 descent time of 2.42 is extraordinary, i don't know the specific descent route but the moraine below the cairn would be very tricky indeed to negotiate at speed. I quite admire Fred Reeves for dedicating his new record to Dalzell in order that people should finally believe it was genuine, i would like to have been there as according to the Daily Express there were sparks flying from the hobnails on his shoes as they struck the gritstone. Great achivements on a great stage.

For those wondering what has been going on with the Bofra website, it was attacked by some sad sack with a virus and the server used to send out spam emails to as many people as possible. Tim Done has been working around the clock pretty much to sort it out, all the site's files had to be reloaded, he's done a great job to get it back in order so quickly.

Banned

Cheers Mr B.
    Thanks Tim, much appreciated.

Just checked the Bofra standings, Ted has to win all the remaining 3 to beat Godsman, one 2nd and Godsman gets it; this is assuming Shaun runs all 3. Interestingly this means a win at Wasdale is needed from Ted.

Another win at Wasdale needed for Ted again. If i've got this right Jimmy Craig wins by one point if he beats Ted at Wasdale; that's a difficult pick.