Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: 2010 Championship

  1. #11
    Senior Member FellJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rossendale
    Posts
    622

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Round 2 points tables now updated (after some aggro!)
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

  2. #12
    Master Witton Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    8,436

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    Enjoy it while you can.
    I must say, I'm still enjoying it

    http://www.felljunior.org.uk/FRAJuni...hamppoints.php

  3. #13
    Master BillJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calder Valley
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    Round 2 points tables now updated (after some aggro!)
    Just to let you know - in the U12 boys, Sam Foster and Sam Hanley-Foster are one and the same person.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

  4. #14
    Senior Member WillMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales
    Posts
    465

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    My 81 year old Grandma could come 5th out of 5 in the Girl's competition and score top points for her club. Floored system.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

  5. #15
    Master Witton Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    8,436

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by WillMarsh View Post
    My 81 year old Grandma could come 5th out of 5 in the Girl's competition and score top points for her club. Floored system.
    You think so do you?
    Laura Riches - 2nd in Northern XC Champs, just come back from Slovakia where she ran for England Schools. FRA Champ and English Schools Champ.
    Hannah Bethwaite has won a Northern Cross Country, a Cross Challege at Liverpool and Gateshead and 3rd in a National.

    Shannon, Beckie, Rachel....All these girls at the front end today are top flight competitors at National level. The quality is higher than the lads.

  6. #16
    Senior Member WillMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales
    Posts
    465

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    You think so do you?
    Laura Riches - 2nd in Northern XC Champs, just come back from Slovakia where she ran for England Schools. FRA Champ and English Schools Champ.
    Hannah Bethwaite has won a Northern Cross Country, a Cross Challege at Liverpool and Gateshead and 3rd in a National.

    Shannon, Beckie, Rachel....All these girls at the front end today are top flight competitors at National level. The quality is higher than the lads.
    Strength, but not in depth.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

  7. #17
    Master scott baistow 93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    barnoldswick,lancashire
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: 2010 Championship

    James knox- English champ, bofra champ, national champ, county runner
    Ashley kay- English international, county runner.
    Jonny bradshaw-English international, Bofra champ, 2nd English champs,2nd Yorkshire champs
    Tom sessford- British u17 hill running champ, english uphill champ, Ex british champ, England international, county runner
    Tom doyle- England international, Kendal winter leauge champ, county runner
    Marc scott- one of Englands top xc-track runners, England international, county runner
    Joe Johnston- England international, lancs champ
    Tim Orr- England international
    Sean carey- Winner of many senior races
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

  8. #18
    Senior Member WillMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales
    Posts
    465

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    James knox- English champ, bofra champ, national champ, county runner
    Ashley kay- English international, county runner.
    Jonny bradshaw-English international, Bofra champ, 2nd English champs,2nd Yorkshire champs
    Tom sessford- British u17 hill running champ, english uphill champ, Ex british champ, England international, county runner
    Tom doyle- England international, Kendal winter leauge champ, county runner
    Marc scott- one of Englands top xc-track runners, England international, county runner
    Joe Johnston- England international, lancs champ
    Tim Orr- England international
    Sean carey- Winner of many senior races
    That, Witton Park my friend, is strength in depth.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

  9. #19
    Senior Member WillMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales
    Posts
    465

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    You think so do you?
    Laura Riches - 2nd in Northern XC Champs, just come back from Slovakia where she ran for England Schools. FRA Champ and English Schools Champ.
    Hannah Bethwaite has won a Northern Cross Country, a Cross Challege at Liverpool and Gateshead and 3rd in a National.

    Shannon, Beckie, Rachel....All these girls at the front end today are top flight competitors at National level. The quality is higher than the lads.
    I've just realised how ridiculous and irrelevant your reply was.

    My point was that today there was 5 girls there in the u18s. Therefore it is so easy for a 6th competitor to get round (hense I used my Grandma as an example) and come 6th. How much harder is it to come 6th in a boy's field of 16?

    If we had fielded a girl in the u18s off the street today she may have come 6th and she would have got more points for the team than Scott. That is why the system is floored.

    I don't know why you have started barking on about the quality of field and the split within between boys/girls as that has absolutley nothing to do with it.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

  10. #20
    Senior Member FellJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rossendale
    Posts
    622

    Re: 2010 Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by WillMarsh View Post
    My 81 year old Grandma could come 5th out of 5 in the Girl's competition and score top points for her club. Floored system.
    And your alternative workable proposal based on the current profile of junior fell running i.e. number of runners, split of boys/girls, number of clubs, which you will be formally submitting to the FRA for consideration is?
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Similar Threads

  1. Sedbergh championship
    By Deek in forum Races
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
  2. 2010 Championship
    By FellJunior in forum Junior forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30-03-2010, 04:04 PM
  3. 2010 Championship Races
    By Fleeter in forum Races
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM
  4. English Championship 07
    By Stagger in forum General Fellrunning Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •