Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2010 Championship

Re: 2010 Championship

Many thanks for today WP, and the speedy, accurate updating FJ, good to meet you both today. And also congratulations to Blackburn on winning the title, some strong and consistent performances over the weeks, well done. Looking forward to Broughton.
    Cheers
    Duncan
    "You have brains in your head, your feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose". Dr Seuss.

I have to express disappointment that so few turned up to receive their awards today at the FRA Junior Do - only the 3 x U12 Girls had all three there.

A huge effort was put in to make the day a success - and it was a great day.

The only qualification was the lack of award winners at the presentation.

I appreciate that we have a National event and that is evident from the clubs such as Westbury, Lincoln Wellington, Tamworth... that were involved and perhaps athletes from such areas have to be cut a little slack.

However, several recipients from even within the same County as the do, or athletes that live within reasonable driving distance failed to turn up and I feel that is quite selfish.

In addition to not being there to take your award, you have deprived others of their big day at the end of their seasons efforts.

I think distnace was a definite factor and it depends what you define as reasonable driving distance as a 6 hour return journey or the chance to win and lead your team to victory in the Yorks Road relay may well be preferrable which is actuially anything but selfish, choosing to not let your team down over personal glory. How dowes that deprive others of their big day.
    That said hats off to everyone involved in organising the day I do know that atheltes who i have contact with who didnt go wrestkled long and hard about whether to make the trip and also work for parents was also a factor. It wasnt out of lethargy thats for sure.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

I think distnace was a definite factor and it depends what you define as reasonable driving distance as a 6 hour return journey or the chance to win and lead your team to victory in the Yorks Road relay may well be preferrable which is actuially anything but selfish, choosing to not let your team down over personal glory. How dowes that deprive others of their big day.
    That said hats off to everyone involved in organising the day I do know that atheltes who i have contact with who didnt go wrestkled long and hard about whether to make the trip and also work for parents was also a factor. It wasnt out of lethargy thats for sure.

"having the gap between the last race and the do will mean that you can get all the right trophies. personally I was a bit disappointed with the turn out on Sun its always a shame that winners arent there."

I wonder who this quote was taken from when commenting on the idea of the Junior Do and Relays idea following the Viking Chase and Do in 2009?

"having the gap between the last race and the do will mean that you can get all the right trophies. personally I was a bit disappointed with the turn out on Sun its always a shame that winners arent there."

I wonder who this quote was taken from when commenting on the idea of the Junior Do and Relays idea following the Viking Chase and Do in 2009?

Was it me?????. I havent changed my mind it is disappointing when winners can tbe there, just saying that I do understand why they cant be there. In a perfect world everyone woul;d have been able to attend. As it happens i was never intending to attend as my lad wasnt able to race ony events due to a season of injuries so I am not feeling in the slightest but hypocritical.
    Really impressed you were able to remember what I wrote a year ago it clearly made an impression!!

Was it me?????. I havent changed my mind it is disappointing when winners can tbe there, just saying that I do understand why they cant be there. In a perfect world everyone woul;d have been able to attend. As it happens i was never intending to attend as my lad wasnt able to race ony events due to a season of injuries so I am not feeling in the slightest but hypocritical.
    Really impressed you were able to remember what I wrote a year ago it clearly made an impression!!

don't flatter yourself CCR - I didn't remember - I just had a gutt feeling

Couldnt find the emoticons to put the cheeky grin or scarcastic face on. Never for one moment would I even begin to think that anything i wrote had any impact on anyone. Cheers