Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21st

Re: Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21

All the original 15 or so runners are registered with Brian! Since then we've had a couple more 'interested' runners so I'll register them too when I get back from Germany. Which, from my perspective, is a country without mountains. As I said, from my perspective. If I have any problems with the last couple of registrations I'll be panicking and trying to let you know – cheers for posting, I appreciate the concern, thanks Morgan.

Boff

Quote Originally Posted by Stanshall View Post
    All the original 15 or so runners are registered with Brian! Since then we've had a couple more 'interested' runners so I'll register them too when I get back from Germany. Which, from my perspective, is a country without mountains. As I said, from my perspective. If I have any problems with the last couple of registrations I'll be panicking and trying to let you know – cheers for posting, I appreciate the concern, thanks Morgan.

Boff
    Boff

All part of the service!

I'll PM you my home and mobile numbers just in case and Brian is away.

M
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Just over a week ago Lords rake was full of old consolidated snow and I think someone reported that it was unchanged and untracked last weekend.

If anyone plans to go that way it might be worth checking for feasibility.

That was me, as of last friday it was still full of compacted untracked ice. No idea what it will be like for this particular attempt but I imagine with this continued cold spell it won't have all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Facewest-Stu View Post
    Just over a week ago Lords rake was full of old consolidated snow and I think someone reported that it was unchanged and untracked last weekend.

Looking across from Pillar yesterday still a lot of snow around Lords rake.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Facewest-Stu View Post

Stu, they are going via Foxes. See post #5.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    You could answer the perennial question an split the group half-foxes and half Lords Rake and see which is the quickest.
    and how many survive Lords Rake

Doing it as a club run and sticking together is a nice, (brave, possibly doomed) idea. Have fun anyway and I hope it works !!
    Gone peakbagging

Would like to come along on a couple of legs, more practice for my attempt later this summer. If you can make use of me for any specific legs let me know otherwise i shall see you all at one of the pit stops.

Dave Swift

Dave, that'd be good – the best place to be involved would probably be between Threlkeld and Wasdale (Leg 2 or 3), if only because 2 is in the dark and 3 is long and hard. But anywhere's fine.
    And RobW – the 'sticking together' is both for practicality and also because we want to emphasise this as being a club effort, a social effort, and not a race. I think there's an element of the obviously faster, more experienced runners encouraging and helping the less experienced runners. But there's also an open acceptance that if we start to fall behind schedule then the main group has to press on. Should be an interesting 24 hours…

Today's the day. Just about to set off up to Keswick – I'll post news and a report here after the event!