Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21st

Re: Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21

Bob, the rigging was for me!, made it round in 23:20, my knee went at Helvellyn!!

Does anyone how the injured P&B runner is doing, one of my support on leg 4 is a local MRT and was picking up the radio traffic? Hope he is OK. Great day to be out

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Slight hijack:

Nicky Kime of Ilkley Harriers got round in 22:42 a good time in the heat. We went via Broad Stand but there were no parties to get in the way - there was someone there about to rig it for a CFR party who'd set off just after the P&B massive.

All these teams should be back in Keswick by now, hopefully with a successful round under their belts.

Quote Originally Posted by KatintheHat View Post
    Bob, the rigging was for me!, made it round in 23:20, my knee went at Helvellyn!!
    Well done Kate, the views will have been great but it must have been tough in that heat
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by KatintheHat View Post

Does anyone how the injured P&B runner is doing, one of my support on leg 4 is a local MRT and was picking up the radio traffic? Hope he is OK. Great day to be out

Kat
    Well done!

We were quite worried about the Macc lad - Larry - I saw runners coming off Scafell Pike as I was going up Broad Stand, say 15 minutes behind or so, and assumed it was that group as we had been together for most of the leg but it was nearly an hour (or felt like it) before any other teams got in to Wasdale.

Didn't hear any talk at Wasdale of anything untoward.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I don't know the finer details ( I was at a wedding in Wiltshire all weekend ), but Bowland's Richard Mellon departed the Moot Hall at 01:00 hours Saturday morning on a clock-wise attempt using an eighteen and a half hour schedule. He made time up all the way. Between Broad Crag & Scafell Pike, I'm told that he overtook the team that made 4th place on the OCT!! By Yewbarrow he was 1:02 up on the schedule, but things started to "slide" a bit. Leg 5 was something of a "final flourish" and he finished with a total elapsed time of 17:38. I believe that some of North Bowland's finest "ghandi men" really suffered in supporting this top notch effort.
    That's 11 minutes sliced off the previous club record of 17.49 which was set last year by Mike Johnson.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 24-05-2010 at 09:14 AM.

That is a seriously quick time in that heat. Well done that man!

A busy day: Nicky, Larry, the eight from Pudsey, Dave Hindley, Kate, Richard Mellon. If the rest of the year goes like this Selwyn is going to have no voice left at the dinner!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

That is a seriously quick time in that heat. Well done that man!

A busy day: Nicky, Larry, the eight from Pudsey, Dave Hindley, Kate, Richard Mellon. If the rest of the year goes like this Selwyn is going to have no voice left at the dinner!
    Simon Patten of Dark Peak also went round over the weekend, no news of the time yet but he was planning on a fast round. I'll post a time when I hear it

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Simon Patten of Dark Peak also went round over the weekend, no news of the time yet but he was planning on a fast round. I'll post a time when I hear it
    They were storming along around Broad Crag/Scafell Pike with Alan Ward leading the pack when I was there (OCTs).
    It is amazing how some people cope well with high temperatures; well done Richard Mellon!!
    Yiannis

Would have posted earlier but got struck by a stomach bug immediately on returning home – now having emerged from the porcelain palace I can add a congratulations to all who got round on Friday/Saturday. An amazing 24 hours, loved every minute of it. Thanks again to all the helpers – we were originally struggling to find pacers/navigators for some legs but ended up with plenty of people helping out. Great for the P&B club centenary, gave us something solid to work on together. And getting eight round at once was testament, I think, to the notion of 'sticking together'; it was a joy to watch (from my comfy camp chair at Wasdale as they headed off wearily up Yewbarrow). Another one next year already being planned … by the way, has any other club got more than eight people round at once before?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanshall View Post
    Would have posted earlier but got struck by a stomach bug immediately on returning home – now having emerged from the porcelain palace I can add a congratulations to all who got round on Friday/Saturday. An amazing 24 hours, loved every minute of it. Thanks again to all the helpers – we were originally struggling to find pacers/navigators for some legs but ended up with plenty of people helping out. Great for the P&B club centenary, gave us something solid to work on together. And getting eight round at once was testament, I think, to the notion of 'sticking together'; it was a joy to watch (from my comfy camp chair at Wasdale as they headed off wearily up Yewbarrow). Another one next year already being planned … by the way, has any other club got more than eight people round at once before?
    Stanshall, I seem to recall back in '89, the same day that Billy & Gavin walked round the BG sub 20 hours, Rossendale got a 'football team' (11) round.

Well done!

We were quite worried about the Macc lad - Larry - I saw runners coming off Scafell Pike as I was going up Broad Stand, say 15 minutes behind or so, and assumed it was that group as we had been together for most of the leg but it was nearly an hour (or felt like it) before any other teams got in to Wasdale.

Didn't hear any talk at Wasdale of anything untoward.
    Larry got round in 23.20 ish having had a trying Leg 4 in the heat... man, it was hot!!
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge