Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Mega Blisters

Re: Blisters

Superfeet greens are great for getting a nice foot bed that doesn't blister and supports the arch, best served in a Mizuno Wave Harrier. An expensive solution but works for me (last year I blistered terrible at 3P but this year finished without even 1). Also tactel socks are good for avoiding blisters, but cotton socks are rough and I think cause blisters.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

disco stan

Was going to invest in a pair of new walking boots dare i say with superfeet insoles.So they are as good as they say?

Never run without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Epocian View Post
    Don't know about Pete Blands but this stuff doesn't come off
    http://www.ultrasport.co.uk/shopping...nkle+Strapping&

Best of luck on Saturday
    It does come off, it came off last night while out, maybe I'm not taping them up right? I'm going to give it another go and fingers crossed it will be ok.

Any ideas?

Graeme

I always tape my heels up with plasters, the stuff you cut up yourself, the strip plaster stuff.

Hopey, Mueller zinc oxide tape is shit, if you want to try and get hold of strappal, that is very sticky, thats what I remember from my climbing days. However it is expensive, it used to cost about 5-6quid+ for a 7.cm wide by 30m long roll of tape

Cheers Graeme

I see rock and run sell it, I need it for Sunday.

If I was to tape my feet up Sunday morning would I be ok to run on it Sunday lunch? Thats going to be the earliest that I can get to rock and run.

cheers

Graeme

I never do anything to my feet until I'm about to run, as you'll have noticed. I think you've got to bear in mind your feet are going to sweat and then the tape will lose it's adhesive properties, put some grit in there too and your tapes falling off.

So only put tape on just before you run?

I thought I'd read somewhere put it on the night before after a shower?

Graeme

Never done that. Works for me though. Don't blame me if it doesn't work though

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I over pronate when I run.

No problem on the road, I wear anti pronation shoes.

Coniston today, fast descent in warm weather the back of each foot rubs from side to side in my Walshes.

I end up with huge blisters on the ball of each foot.

what can I do?

Apart from uphill races

btw, I have trashed walshes on one run!!
    Not read all of this thread so apologies if this has been already said. I had the same problem with blisters on the balls of my feet when it was either hot, or I ran fast. I worked out that the problem was an intense build up of heat in my shoes...my feet were literally baking. I solved the problem by running without socks (so the heat could escape). However, the problem still carried on when doing track races (due to faster speeds - more friction) so I wore steeplechase spikes that had loads of holes in them. Again, problem solved! They feel really nice too as all the air rushes in and cools the feet. Maybe you could try cutting a few slits in the front of an old pair of Walshes. I'd tried taping and all sorts before that.
    Last edited by A.G; 10-05-2007 at 08:50 PM.