Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Mega Blisters

Re: Blisters

Mr Pitt forgot to sat that when you put the length of thread through your blister, leave long ends and knot them!. do this overnight and the blister will drain leaving the skin to protect the foot as the new skin hardens.
    I get great blisters on the arch of my foot because I wear orthoses, but stopped them by getting run 400 socks from Decathlon - lovely and soft, and they keep my feet tight in my trainers. The husband swears by monoskin socks - high wool content, wicks sweat, dries quick and pads the sole of the foot well.
    scaniagirl.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    ......... I wore steeplechase spikes that had loads of holes in them......
    I drilled holes into the bottom of an old pair of track spikes to use when doing the 'chase. Perhaps you could take a Black & Decker to your old Walshes?
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

I've been using a pommie stone on the hard skin on my feet and E45 cream, and then using foot anti friction cream from Decathlon and it seems to be doing the job.

No blisters as yet!!

Showed my missing skin from my heels after the wharefdale off road to a mate and he advised putting compeed over the blister and then putting some heavy duty adhesive tape over the top of it. The type that is meant for outdoor use. If no blister then just whack on the tape.

May seem a bit drastic and soaking it off will be a nightmare but I am never usually a blister sufferer and want to ensure it stays that way so gonna give it a go. Anyone done this with good/bad results?

Also will not wearing shoes for two weeks make my skin on heels more suseptable to blisters? (spot the newbie )

All you've got to do is run through it! I blister every time I try a new shoe, usually in the same spot on the back of the heels. Just grit your teeth and run through the pain and eventually the skin will get rock hard. Be a man! When I did the Annapurna trail, it took me 15 days of walking with blisters but I got 'em in the end; the last 5 days totally blister free.

The pop and tape method is a good idea as well.

Compeed is a rip off, use moleskin instead, can be cut down with scissors and can be placed inside the shoe as well as on your skin.

Hopey - Try putting the zinc plaster on three days before a race, then put your socks on carefully, again taking them off carefully when you go to bed.

I'm telling you. . . . . by the start of the race, you'd have to use a nine inch grinder to get the damn stuff off !

When you do get the tape off, mind you don't get the 'sticky stuff' on your feet, all over the bottom of the bath. I always get a thick ear from the missus when that happens !

Cheers for that, is that the same stuff as zinc oxide tape?

My way of preventing blisters is to leave all my hard skin and on long races wear a pair of posh running socks and a second pair of socks as well I find that the two pairs of socks sheer against the other and prevent blisters. I've never been that prone to them though

Bloomin' blisters! :-(

Nightmare...ran on the fells today, perfect day for it after all!

Wearing a pair of Inov8's and going well. Have run in these shoes many times but not quite so far as today.

Round about 1h 30m I start to get the dreaded rubbing sensation at the back of my right shoe. By 2 hours it's really uncomfortable and I'm starting to change my running gait to accomodate. Quite soon the other shoe decides to do the same. So come the 3h mark I'm hobbling like my old dad.

Ultimately I spent the last 40mins walking - a real struggle to get back uphill and to the car. Found it was worst on flat hard sections but relatively OK on the uphill.

Any tips to prevent this (aside from not running so bl**dy far!)? I never suffered from this before and I'm starting to think that I'll have to resort to trail shoes in future as a contingency.

Re: Bloomin' blisters! :-(

i cant run in inov8's at all becuase of blisters,tried but just didn't work,how long you had them?