Thread: Broken toe

Broken toe

Just getting back after my arthroscopy last summer. Managed to do Wrekin Fell and Streak and then... I broke a toe falling downstairs (don't ask!)
    That was three weeks ago. Still painful, strapped to its neighbour. Any advice??

Re: Broken toe

Sorry to hear about the toe, Pete, and I'm afraid I can't offer any advice. I just wondered what the details were about your arthroscopy and how your recovery went. I had an ankle arthroscopy 3 weeks ago (removed bone spurs and 'tidied up' worn down cartilage). I'm no where near running yet - all the soft tissue, tendons etc. are very sore around the ankle.

Good luck with your recovery this time.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Just getting back after my arthroscopy last summer. Managed to do Wrekin Fell and Streak and then... I broke a toe falling downstairs (don't ask!)
    That was three weeks ago. Still painful, strapped to its neighbour. Any advice??
    Broke a toe back in summer 2003 (please don't ask how). Immediately got BIG and BLUE and immensely painful. Went out for an easy 1-hour run. Could not sleep at night by the pain. Next day raced very hilly road 10k, finished 4th, almost PB. Went straight to the hospital for X-ray, operation next day. Six weeks no walking and three months no running.

Better not to mess with injuries.

I broke the end bone in my big toe last August. I did no running at all for about three weeks and then gradually started to get moving again. It was quite a long recovery and probably about Novembr/December before I was in any way back to normal.
    Still slightly painful on long runs but in no way debilitating.