Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: abrasive mudclaws

Re: abrasive mudclaws

I totally agree about the 330's being like football boots. They reckon (from their wesite) that it's the same rubber that's on the 270's but it can't be cause I have some 270's and their fine (apart from not lasting 2 minutes). Also my heel completely slips put of this shoe (the 330's) when on very steep hills.
    I think they are a terrible shoe and I'd get rid. They have tried to make a mudclaw version that's more robust but have failed. Why don't they just stick a mudclaw sole on a 290 (their best shoe IMO). I saw someone wearing some 330's to do the 3 peaks at the weekend (I wore a trail shoe and so did many others as it was very dry); I bet he can't walk today!!

Fellhound

Re: abrasive mudclaws

I've tried various Inov8s and have not been particularly impressed. The Roclite 285 is OK for european mountain races or runs in very dry conditions but none of them really compare with Walshes as a racing shoe. I too have that feeling of them slipping off the heel on steep slopes.

But now we have this ridiculous debacle with a shortage of Walsh soles. I may yet have to resole my current Walshes with an alternative sole.

I'm seriously thinking of trying some Gladiators. I've been reluctant because they look like the old ETAs and they were terrible on wet rock but I've been told the Glads have a different rubber compound. I don't think I've found anyone with a bad word to say about Gladiators. Is this the future...?