Re: "Cant come through 'ere ma

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Says the man who runs in a cycling top covered in oranges
    hee hee hence my name!!
    but its great for stuffing things in the pockets which saves carrying a bag

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Says the man who runs in a cycling top covered in oranges
    So that was you passing me between High Seat and High Pike Hill yesterday MfDM?

Didn't spot the new shoes but I did ask about your bike when I saw the shirt (I ride an Orange)
    Pity I didn't put two and two together but I know who to look out for now.

Did you have a good run? You were going well when you passed us.
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Quote Originally Posted by tinyman View Post
    So that was you passing me between High Seat and High Pike Hill yesterday MfDM?

Didn't spot the new shoes but I did ask about your bike when I saw the shirt (I ride an Orange)
    Pity I didn't put two and two together but I know who to look out for now.

Did you have a good run? You were going well when you passed us.
    yes that was me. did not start until 9:30am as i forgot I had to go to a 50th party the night before. did 4:33 in the end, 3 minutes faster than last year, but i had a change of shoes left with the marshalls at checkpoint 4 and changed into them as the inovates were eating my heels.
    how did you get on

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    yes that was me. did not start until 9:30am as i forgot I had to go to a 50th party the night before. did 4:33 in the end, 3 minutes faster than last year, but i had a change of shoes left with the marshalls at checkpoint 4 and changed into them as the inovates were eating my heels.
    how did you get on
    A seriously slow and sociable 5:13 MfDM - ran round with a mate who's just getting back to running after knee problems and we never stopped nattering.
    I'm obviously spoilt after the Vasque races and LDWA events because it was a real disappointment not to get fed at the checkpoints - I'd worked out that 14 checkpoints meant I'd finish the race at least a pound heavier.
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Quote Originally Posted by tinyman View Post
    A seriously slow and sociable 5:13 MfDM - ran round with a mate who's just getting back to running after knee problems and we never stopped nattering.
    I'm obviously spoilt after the Vasque races and LDWA events because it was a real disappointment not to get fed at the checkpoints - I'd worked out that 14 checkpoints meant I'd finish the race at least a pound heavier.
    that would be good getting fed on the way round.
    I am from KL originally and went to school there

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Al, what you will find is that it is not usually the farmers, whose forefathers have farmed the spot for generations, that are the problem. More often than not it's the incomer yuppies who think that buying a country retreat entitles them to a million acres of privacy around their newly titivated 'palace'. What I always try and point out to such people (when I'm certain that I'm on a public right of way) is that they should not be complaining to legitimate users of the route; their 'beef' is with their solicitor who should have pointed out the existence of a PROW when doing their 'search' at the time of purchase.
    There are a few places in our local area where owners have maintained the signage, but housed their geese at the start of the paths. Eg there will be a stile/gate from a track, through a goose pen/enclosure, and then out into the garden/land. There seems to be no practical reason to site the enclosures in such a way and the cynical part of me thinks this is just a way to deter people from using the paths. There's nothing like being charged by an angry goose to raise my already rapid heart rate...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Sheep View Post
    There are a few places in our local area where owners have maintained the signage, but housed their geese at the start of the paths. Eg there will be a stile/gate from a track, through a goose pen/enclosure, and then out into the garden/land. There seems to be no practical reason to site the enclosures in such a way and the cynical part of me thinks this is just a way to deter people from using the paths. There's nothing like being charged by an angry goose to raise my already rapid heart rate...
    You will have to let me know where these places are so that I can pop up just before Xmas -
    in the role of Self Defence I can manage to sort my Xmas dinner out !! - Bonza
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Couldn't agree more. Take a big knob-kerry, but do make sure you are on a PRoW.

I saw a great sign on a gate in the hills above Bolton Abbey at the week end --> "Be aware - cows with calves and a bull in this field". Letting a bull roam with the herd is pretty much standard practice in the summer, in most of the Dales anyway, but maybe, just maybe the local farmer was trying to put off some of the more touristy and naive walkers that that frequent Bolton Abbey that aren't so bull friendly

Some useful stuff here, on a more serious note:

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/info/brit...ootpathlaw.htm
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 09-06-2010 at 02:55 PM.