Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: magic clothing

Re: magic clothing

Ho ho antisocial. Why oh why do you have to get so wound up about such silly things? Its okay for inov8 to advertise their wears in a roundabout forum posting sort of way... really it is. Whether invov8 insider does it purposely or as a side issue, who honestly cares (apart from you). Its not like we as a forum aren't interested in fell running shoes ffs! Equally if people want to give themselves a forum name like pyreneanmountainhutholidays its no big deal. And if fell running enthusiasts want to form an ad hoc club and call themselves fell ponies. Or if I want to run off the beaten track rather in places you for some unearthly reason you wish to dictate that I can't. Or even if I want to post pictures of my silly runs.

Nobody has to read anything on here and nobody needs to take umbridge if others find things interesting that you don't. Now wheres my double u anchor picture.....

Here it is...

Interesting on your Nike Red Rocks II thread AS you recommend/support the need for cushioning on harder ground. The fact that cushioning in running shoes has never been shown to reduce injury occurrence despite a direct challenge to the running shoe industry. In fact, studies have shown that running with cushioning not only increases both strike force and transmitted force through the legs but also increases the incidence of injury...... you've haven't been buying into marketing hype without seeing the evidence have you?

So AS takes the moral high ground on here and absolutely slates Inov8 for advertising on the forum, for fear it cloud our small minds into only concidering them when buying fell shoes. Yet he then goes on record for buying and recommending Nike products.

I am struggling to work out the mechanics of throught here. Maybe it changes from thread to thread to maximise wind up capacity. His game is to target individuals and push them till they post in anger and that ladies and gentlemen is how he gets his rise. Deep down I reckon he is an angry man.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Interesting on your Nike Red Rocks II thread AS you recommend
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    So AS takes the moral high. Yet he then goes on record for buying and recommending Nike products. I am struggling to work out the mechanics of throught here. I reckon he is an angry man.
    Now I've worked it out ! No wonder he got so defensive when I mentioned Nike earlier. He's a travelling sales man for Nike. That's why he's such an angry man. Anti, I want evidence that claims of cushioning on Nike shoes somehow benfit runners ! And, stop blatently plugging your products.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Interesting on your Nike Red Rocks II thread AS you recommend/support the need for cushioning on harder ground. The fact that cushioning in running shoes has never been shown to reduce injury occurrence despite a direct challenge to the running shoe industry. In fact, studies have shown that running with cushioning not only increases both strike force and transmitted force through the legs but also increases the incidence of injury...... you've haven't been buying into marketing hype without seeing the evidence have you?
    I thought you had given up on this thread as you were so offended, but as you oviously like chatting with me.

If you read the post that free opinion was based on my running needs and what works for me given my history of injury and the need to run with inserts.

I have no idea what Nike or other claim about cushioning. Also I don't have an agenda to sell product or get paid for my opinion and that's not a pop at you or inov just a fact.

Just out of interest (and without being invoiced ) is there any hard evidence that any particular gimmick or design in any running type shoe increases performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Here it is...

Oh dear Stolly - why are you upset at me - I haven't mentioned trespass and cheating once.

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Err No
    It actually replicates what your own Plantar Fascia does.
    The plantar fascia ligament acts much like a rubber band. It creates tension in order to maintain the arch of the foot. When you take a step, the foot impacts the ground and causes the plantar fascia to stretch out, lengthening the foot. When the heel lifts from the ground you adjust yourself on your toes as you shift your weight to your other foot, causing all your weight to be held up by your plantar fascia. The plantar fascia is an essential part of movement.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain about our products
    but in order to correctly replicate what the plantar fascia ligament does, would the fascia band not have to be physically attatched to the heel? to say it does the same thing as the plantar fascia ligament, when its part of a shoe, and not the human foot seems scientifiacally speaking somewhat dubious to me. thats not to say it doesn't have its benefits. it may or may not do, but if there are any i'm pretty doubtfull that they'd be correctly explained by the information you've posted so far.
    Last edited by Fungus Mungus; 06-07-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungus Mungus View Post
    but in order to correctly replicate what the plantar fascia ligament does, would the fascia band not have to be physically attatched to the heel?
    That's pretty much my point. I think they're overselling it. I think it just lets the shoes bend a bit more easily - which is probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    So AS takes the moral high ground on here and absolutely slates Inov8 for advertising on the forum, for fear it cloud our small minds into only concidering them when buying fell shoes. Yet he then goes on record for buying and recommending Nike products.

I am struggling to work out the mechanics of throught here. Maybe it changes from thread to thread to maximise wind up capacity. His game is to target individuals and push them till they post in anger and that ladies and gentlemen is how he gets his rise. Deep down I reckon he is an angry man.
    In order

True based on my needs and also pointing out the moral issues (after they were pointed out to me to be fair) so people can make their own minds (read below before you post back about inov doing the same) .

I am not paid to promote products nor do i ignore difficult questions, if people are going to promote product they also should be able to answer criticism and there have been a number of questions or comments from posters across the threads about why shoes wear out quickly, heels roll etc with no response.

I think you will find that the argument moved from right to be here, to if you are going to make claims about your product can you please prove what you are saying. I appreciate you may not agree with the former but I would be surprised if you disagree with the latter, all inov had to do was to say I can't give proof for what I am saying or yes I can here is the proof and if you read through I am not the only one asking for evidence. However now Inov has admitted he has no evidence for his claims, given this would you not agree that people are now able to make up their minds from a more balanced position than before?

Keep struggling.

Furious - cos I can't get a rise, do you have any blue pills?
    Last edited by Antisocial; 06-07-2010 at 11:45 AM.