Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: magic clothing

Re: magic clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Oh dear Stolly - why are you upset at me - I haven't mentioned trespass and cheating once.
    I'm not upset but I do like to use my anchor picture as opportunities present themselves. As for running through the occasional farmer's field (sorry trespassing) and mentioning that someone might consider exagerating the truth a little to get into an AL race (sorry cheating), don't worry I can live with the shame

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I'm not upset but I do like to use my anchor picture as opportunities present themselves. As for running through the occasional farmer's field (sorry trespassing) and mentioning that someone might consider exagerating the truth a little to get into an AL race (sorry cheating), don't worry I can live with the shame
    Roy - can you see why I find it hard to stop when I can get bites like this, true Stolly is an easy target but all the same.....!

But you "bite" as readily, if not more-so, than anyone else. Why do you take so much pleasure in antagonising people and why do you feel the need to have two presences on the forum?... I find that a bit weird.

Back to thread, you asked if any running shoe technology has been proved to benefit performance and, in doing so, have really illustrated the whole futility of your endeavour. The answer is probably not as the only genuine test would be on runners' feet and then there'd simply be too many other variables to control for. Shoe manufacturers will come up with ideas/theories and its then up to us the consumers to see if they work for us. Yes, some of it will be marketing flannel but I'm afraid that's the world we live in. As an employee of Inov-8, Insider is hardly going to start rubbishing their products on a public forum and you constantly hounding him to do so is either a malicious form of bullying or simply displaying an incredible naivety about how the retail world functions. I'd understand your approach more if Inov-8 were charging through the nose for their technology but the fact is that their shoes are very good value and week in week out deliver winning performances at the highest level of the sport.

As far as I've seen Insider has gone out of his way to answer all reasonable questions that have been asked and the majority of forumites welcome his presence and input. They're a small brand who, in catering for our strange little sport, are not only delivering products that have to perform in extreme conditions but are dealing with incredibly demanding, thrifty and technologically averse customers (I resisted saying picky tight fisted luddites)..... Their shoes might not suit everyone (a 57% market share on this forum is pretty compelling though) but I say well done to them and long may Insider put up with the knockers on here.

I'm with Anti all the way on this.Why is insider on these forums at all?I've never worn a pair of innov-8's-so don,t know if theyr'e good or bad-but the presence of commercial interests on forums such as these are ,in my humble opinion,wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    I'm with Anti all the way on this.Why is insider on these forums at all?I've never worn a pair of innov-8's-so don,t know if theyr'e good or bad-but the presence of commercial interests on forums such as these are ,in my humble opinion,wrong.
    Inov-8 insider also posts about general fell running stuff, so it's fine to have him on the forum. I note most of his posts in this thread have been in response to questions. To me it seems a good service. Of course he'll give things a slightly positive spin, but isn't that the way of the world?

P.S. You're not supposed to agree with AS. It spoils all the fun for him and us.

Super Moderator

tbh I had some reservations about having someone on here associated with one of the major shoe brands but think on balance Insider probably does much more good than harm. Of course, when he's converted us all to barefoot running he'll no longer be able to flog us his shoes anyway
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 06-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post

Back to thread, you asked if any running shoe technology has been proved to benefit performance and, in doing so, have really illustrated the whole futility of your endeavour. The answer is probably not as the only genuine test would be on runners' feet and then there'd simply be too many other variables to control for.

As far as I've seen Insider has gone out of his way to answer all reasonable questions that have been asked and the majority of forumites welcome his presence and input. T.
    Re the first bit - you have proved my point. Inov has made claims including a specific one on this thread that his shoes improve performance, evidence has been asked for and he can't give it.

If as you say there is no overall proof of technology improving performance why claim it, if he hadn't this discussion would not have progressed. I am like most people on the forum I buy shoes that fit and suit my needs rather than going for the hype, but if there is proof gimmicks work like you I would be interested to see it.

Re the second bit I am sorry I really can't agree with that, he has not answered any of the difficult questions or commented on complaints about product directly. If your answer is why should he - its because he promotes himself as the impartial voice willing to help. If he was up front about his intentions which appears to be to sell and promote product at least he would be being honest.

I think we have exhausted this now

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    I think we have exhausted this now
    Are you concerned that this thread will distract from your next diabolical wind-up?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Are you concerned that this thread will distract from your next diabolical wind-up?
    Possibly - I have not thought it through yet - thinking about developing an idea suggesting there is a link between effeminacy and men who are named after a Christmas carol - do you think its a goer?
    Last edited by Antisocial; 06-07-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    tbh I had some reservations about having someone on here associated with one of the major shoe brands but think on balance Insider probably does much more good than harm. Of course, when he's converted us all to barefoot running he'll no longer be able to flog us his shoes anyway
    is it me or have you changed this as I am sure harm and good were originally the other way round.