Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: magic clothing

Re: magic clothing

Gosh, Stolly, things have moved on. Think I'll buy a couple of pairs for my wife's birthday.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Auntie
    I just know your going to love the Dynamic Fascia Band(DFB) on the forth coming range of road shoes
    You and infact any road runner will be able to experience the same increase in performance that has been enjoyed by World, Commonwealth and British Champions and any off road runner who has pulled on a pair of ****-* shoes
    I have missed you - have you been away.

As stated before give us the evidence that it works and I would be happy to consider buying .
    oh and whilst you have been away there have been a number of threads started expressing concerns about inov- 8 shoes will you be answering these impartially - go on you know you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Would the dodgy science bit also apply to the inov fascia band?
    Yes.

The fascia band on my Roclites is just brilliant at collecting all sizes of wedged-in stones - I have to prise out quantities after every run, without fail. I can't think why people are willing to carry all that extra weight when racing, after going to great lengths and expense to have the lightest possible shoes and kit. Thank heaven for Flyrocs - I live in dread of Inov8's adding fascia bands even to them.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky View Post
    can you remember which thread? or where this report was I would love to read it.....
    I couldn't find the original thread but I did manage to find the website with all the "scientific" claims...

http://accapi.co.uk/science/index.php?post=40
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 31-05-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Yes.

The fascia band on my Roclites is just brilliant at collecting all sizes of wedged-in stones - I have to prise out quantities after every run, without fail. I can't think why people are willing to carry all that extra weight when racing, after going to great lengths and expense to have the lightest possible shoes and kit. Thank heaven for Flyrocs - I live in dread of Inov8's adding fascia bands even to them.

And your comment on this Inov insider is?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra

And your comment on this Inov insider is? [QUOTE=Antisocial;336344]

I think Insider has blown the gaff - anything with a fascia band is really a road shoe for gullible "Runner's World" readers who want to run on roads while fantasising about the fells.

Banned

The Fascia Band is available on Roclite's & X-Talons.
    The NEW Dynamic Fascia Band will be available on the new Road Range due in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    The Fascia Band is available on Roclite's & X-Talons.
    The NEW Dynamic Fascia Band will be available on the new Road Range due in 2011
    What about all those stones?

thanks for the link pilgrim...not really been paying attention ...thought this thread had run its course but....if they have got reasearch data...well then.

So i had a look , not really an expert but..
    The paper on infrared emmisions concludes that YES it does give out MORE infra red than another fabric but the differences are minimal, not worth £100 to obtain.
    The paper on its medical effects outlines an reasonable protocol but fails to include any results and was from 1993
    The photonizer ( water molecule reshaper ) research , didn't explain what they were doing or how but chucked in some sciency words and graphs and claimed that this makes it better. Oh and why the Pharmaceutical dept, would have thought physical sciences better equiped for this study.
    The best one was the study of performance data on cyclists. looked really good lots of graphs.....some confusing explanations of what was done and some odd abbreviations which were eventually explained...apparently they can measure how much of your bodies water is extracellular or intracellular but they don't explain how..... They reckon you don't lose as much wearing their stuff (on average) in fact the individual differences in the small sample size were greater than the notional benefits..... about then I lost the will to go on.
    I don't know if these are the papers in there entirety, they seem to come from very diverse sources and they lack a lot of the detail that would be considered essential in normal scientific papers. So basically not convinced ....

But I love the logo... The Winning Wellness.... I bet Inov-8 wish they thought of that , btw what is the difference between a fascia band and a DYNAMIC fascia band???

It becomes dynamic once you are moving, I reckon. When you're standing still, it's a static fascia band.