Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21st

Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21st

Just to let you know – 2010 is Pudsey & Bramley's Centenary year and to mark the occasion we'll be attempting the Bob Graham Round. Despite the many hours of preparation, recceing, driving, meetings and general level of fear and trepidation, we'll be treating it as a great day (and night) out on the fells. We have support and navigation sorted but any help and company is warmly accepted. Anyone who knows the leg routes and wants to tag along, support, carry, or just wave encouragement is welcome! Set-off is Moot Hall at 7pm on Friday May 21st. After the finish on Saturday evening we'll be having a social drink or several, probably in the nearest pub to the Moot Hall. Again, all welcome. We have 15 or 16 runners setting off, various standard from local fell runners to experienced race winners – and we'll be sticking together, keeping it as near to a club run as possible. Let me know if you need any more information or can help out in any way and I'll send more details. We're on a 22.30 schedule… hopefully see some of you en route (or en pub).

Re: Pudsey & Bramley BG May 21

I am sure A Macc Harrier by the name of Larry is going off at the same time - ish.

I am planning to support Larry at some point on the route... as yet he hasn't let me know where and when.

Hopefully hook up with you along the way. Shall be in touch via this thread.

Simon
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

There'll be plenty of Ilkley around to cheer you along. One of our Ladies is planning to start at 1830.

What are your plans around Broad Stand?

Should be a busy day out. We'll watch out for you on the OCT

Quote Originally Posted by Headless View Post
    There'll be plenty of Ilkley around to cheer you along. One of our Ladies is planning to start at 1830.

What are your plans around Broad Stand?
    Plans around Broad Stand are based on the idea there'll be between 10 and 15 runners, so we're going round the Foxes Tarn route. I gather Brian Stevenson and Shane Green are up there recceing the options next weekend, I think. Too many people to attempt Broad Stand (even five minutes each is at least fifty minutes) and Lords Rake also seems possibly foolhardy with that many pairs of feet, in view of precarious boulders and loose rocks. Do you think we're being over-cautious?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanshall View Post
    Plans around Broad Stand are based on the idea there'll be between 10 and 15 runners, so we're going round the Foxes Tarn route. I gather Brian Stevenson and Shane Green are up there recceing the options next weekend, I think. Too many people to attempt Broad Stand (even five minutes each is at least fifty minutes) and Lords Rake also seems possibly foolhardy with that many pairs of feet, in view of precarious boulders and loose rocks. Do you think we're being over-cautious?
    You could answer the perennial question an split the group half-foxes and half Lords Rake and see which is the quickest.

Seems the only sensible option with that many people moving through. Lords Rake only needs one small bit of scree dislodged by the front people and the ones at the back may not have enough room to be able to get out of the way as it bounces through.

I sent a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    You could answer the perennial question an split the group half-foxes and half Lords Rake and see which is the quickest.
    ...... and half via Broad Stand???

Just to let you know – 2010 is Pudsey & Bramley's Centenary year and to mark the occasion we'll be attempting the Bob Graham Round. We have 15 or 16 runners setting off
    Just want to check that all 15/16 are registered.

I have tried to call Brian Covell to check with him, but there is no reply.

I recall he is in Scotland on holiday at the moment.

If there is a timing problem, PM me and we can sort something.

If all registered, no worries and good luck.

I will be out and about on the 6.30 pm Ilkley start though not in action till Leg 5.

Morgan
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.