Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Event completed.
    Close at the end but I just edged it

Onwards in to the New Year and a new life with and challengers.
    blooming excellent that is!!

Best wishes to all for the festive period. I know it can be a tough time of year for a lot of folk but onwards and upwards and here's to plenty of big days in the hills in 2018!

Have we all got through the dog days of jan feb?? Everyone OK?
    Spring IS coming!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Have we all got through the dog days of jan feb?? Everyone OK?
    Spring IS coming!
    I hope the absence of quick responses is a good sign. For myself, even though things are fairly c**ppy at work at the moment, I'm not depressed.

As for "dog days" (an expression which seems rather disrespectful to our canine friends), mine are in Nov/Dec, not Jan/Feb. Whereas in Feb the days are getting noticeably longer, in Nov/Dec you have the darkness, and also the stress of trying to think of Christmas presents to give people. Even in Jan I feel a sense of relief!

For my wife, October as well as November are when she's miserable; but for someone who lived within 2 degrees of the equator for the first 33 years of her life, it's not surprising that the shortening of daylight hours should have a bad effect on her mood. When she first came here, she couldn't believe that we put the clocks backward at the end of October; it would make far more sense to put them forward so that we could have an extra hour of daylight in the afternoon when we most needed it.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Hello "Whoever Reads This"
    I haven't posted here for a long time as I felt uncomfortable and exposed for doing so. However, today I need to.
    Today is an important anniversary and although it's been a long time now, it still grieves me so much.
    I know I should have been 'over it' long ago, but with today's date...

I had so much to give

... what an utter waste.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I hope you get through the day OK, Leaf. Try not to spend the whole day thinking about your sad anniversary; find someone to chat to, get out in the sunshine, . . .

Life still goes on, you can try to make a better future but you can't change the past.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    Hello "Whoever Reads This"
    I haven't posted here for a long time as I felt uncomfortable and exposed for doing so. However, today I need to.
    Today is an important anniversary and although it's been a long time now, it still grieves me so much.
    I know I should have been 'over it' long ago, but with today's date...

I had so much to give

... what an utter waste.
    You need to meet your feelings with understanding. Uncomfortable and stressful feelings let go of you when you understand why you feel the way you feel. Usually you also reveal a hidden, more comfortable way of viewing the situation in this process, it's all a matter of finding the correct point of perception.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Hold steady Leaf.
    Grief, sorrow, shock, despair. They never leave us. They leave scars. Sometimes the scars can hurt or lead to shame that they exist. But they are part of you and so Mr Brightsides advice is good.

We all have to live with scars but I know, some can find them overwhelming. The fact you posted here shows you are still open to help and support....take what you need. The gang here will always listen.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Grief is difficult. What led me to understanding when my dad died was the fact that people aren't their bodies, the body is a vessel for consciousness to inhabit; and consciousness is the transcendent, everlasting ground of all being. The great physicist David Bohm had a theory of two worlds, and Enfolded(invisible) and Unfolded(visible). The Unfolded is the realm of matter, the three dimensional world around us; the Enfolded is the home of power that transcends space and time, the ancients have been talking about it for millennia, it's more commonly known as Heaven, Valhalla, Paradise etc.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life. - Anne Roiphe