Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Banned
    What's your feelings when you plan and train for a challenge event for 14 weeks, then a fellow competitor wants to postpone it because they have under prepared?

My depression says what's the point? I feel like the whole world just pays lip service to mental illness by acknowledging it but doing nothing.
    Last edited by Stagger; 14-12-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    What's your feelings when you plan and train for a challenge event for 14 weeks, then a fellow competitor wants to postpone it because they have under prepared?

My depression says what's the point? I feel like the whole world just pays lip service to mental illness by acknowledging it but doing nothing.
    That's a difficult one as there could be so many reason's they are under prepared. There may be things you know nothing about and they have their own issues they're dealing with. Maybe an injury early on means they never caught up. Something else demanded their time and energy. I'm sure whatever the reason it wasn't done to upset you and let you down.

Most of us now acknowledge and live with mental illness in all of it's forms. I doubt there is anyone on here that does not personally have to deal with some kind of mental illness, either a family member a friend or themselves. I'm sure I'm not putting this right but I will try "I've never suffered with depression but that doesn't mean I don't understand it and it doesn't mean I never will never suffer with it. I have people I'm very close to that do suffer and I see their fight come to the fore sometimes. For months there will be no problem then it suddenly flares up again. As a friend or family member who does not suffer personally it can sometimes be very easy to forget how hard it can be. What encompasses their life does not mine the whole time. I have other friends, family and myself to consider too. It's not that I do not care or try to help, it's just it's not my whole life."

It's something outwith your control and, as the person above said, most certainly would not have been done to get at you.

If it is a pairs event and there is no option but to pull out then there is nothing you can do about it. You can either stew and simmer over it and make yourself feel bad or you can accept you are disappointed, allow yourself to feel disappointed, tell yourself these things sometimes happen but there are some things that are just outside your control and look forward to your next challenge with the knowledge that you have 14 weeks good training under your belt.

Sorry, that is meant to be read in a positive tone. I read it back and it looks abrupt but I didn't intend it that way.

Super Moderator
    You still have “14 week’s worth” of fitness. Why not chug on and look for another event soon Trev? Hope you can find an alternative

Banned
    A higher authority suggested the event takes place ��

Training might pay off now. Ready to perform now.

Bring it on. Feeling positive and uplifted at the moment.

Thankyou for your comments.

Super Moderator
    Great to hear Trev. Good lad

Banned
    Event completed.
    Close at the end but I just edged it

Onwards in to the New Year and a new life with and challengers.

Eh up Trevor

Beltin picture of yourself and Julie on the fixtures handbook.....proper made me smile.

All the best pal.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Super Moderator
    Well done Trev. Now then ‘sticks