Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Coping well with the lockdown.

Biking Mon to Fri.
    Got a good routine going.
    And communicating regular with family and friends.

Banned
    Cheers Daletown.

Put my best bike ride in today and I'm really getting a buzz from the exercise and mileage.

Cheers Daletown.

Put my best bike ride in today and I'm really getting a buzz from the exercise and mileage.
    Nice, quite tempted to get the bike out of the shed to mix things up a bit although it’ll probably stay there now the weather looks to have broken

Banned
    Just found it interesting today to read when a nutter urinated on a monument and another attacked police officers it was mentioned in both court cases that they suffered mental illness
    Both in the form of depression and anxiety.
    I do hope that this will not become the norm for law breakers to hide behind.

Having suffered depression I have no intention of breaking the law or using my illness as an excuse.

[QUOTE=Stagger;662308] when a nutter urinated on a monument

The "nutter" did not urinate on a monument. He urinated against a wall next to a plaque dedicated to a police officer who lost his life having being attacked by a nutter.

14 days in prison for urinating in a public place, against that wall, seems a bit harsh to me considering he handed himself in and pleaded guilty.

I wonder what the person trying to set fire to the flag at the cenotaph and the one spray painting Churchill's statue will get. I've not heard if they have handed themselves in yet!

And finally, us fell runners will have to be careful that we are not photographed partaking in that abhorrent activity of urinating in a public place prior to the start of a race, or we might find ourselves in the slammer for a couple of weeks!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

[QUOTE=Llani Boy;662309]
    And finally, us fell runners will have to be careful that we are not photographed partaking in that abhorrent activity of urinating in a public place prior to the start of a race, or we might find ourselves in the slammer for a couple of weeks!
    One or two of the well-known Shropshire races specifically state that if you are spotted p**sing (or worse) in the valley before the race, you will be publicly disqualified and embarrassed at the start of the race. Which is fair enough when there are toilet facilities.

[QUOTE=Llani Boy;662309]
    when a nutter urinated on a monument

The "nutter" did not urinate on a monument. He urinated against a wall next to a plaque dedicated to a police officer who lost his life having being attacked by a nutter.

14 days in prison for urinating in a public place, against that wall, seems a bit harsh to me considering he handed himself in and pleaded guilty.

I wonder what the person trying to set fire to the flag at the cenotaph and the one spray painting Churchill's statue will get. I've not heard if they have handed themselves in yet!

Those around the NW will remember the Chorley 4 mile road races, won by many top class endurance runners over the years including David Lewis from Rossy.

The race was lost from the calendar about 8-10 years ago. One of the big problems was runners having a No1 and even a No2 in the wooded area next to the start, often in open view of the residents of The Farthings.

One of my best road race memories was seeing our lad Ben Fish win the 2008 race in 19:11, a fantastic effort.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    [QUOTE=Witton Park;662323]
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Those around the NW will remember the Chorley 4 mile road races, won by many top class endurance runners over the years including David Lewis from Rossy.

The race was lost from the calendar about 8-10 years ago. One of the big problems was runners having a No1 and even a No2 in the wooded area next to the start, often in open view of the residents of The Farthings.

One of my best road race memories was seeing our lad Ben Fish win the 2008 race in 19:11, a fantastic effort.
    What they cameras don’t show at the London marathon, is the first mile is a mass urinal.
    After waiting so long in the pens, people have little choice, ladies included.

I wonder what entrants are supposed to do? There once was a race not far from delamere that said “ no toilet at venue” what the organiser failed to say was no loo within 5 miles of it! Most bushes were “ engaged” before the start. It probably helped the race to shut down.

Back to Stagger’s point; it’s a dark day when mental health is quoted tactically for excusing poor behaviour. Real illness, fair enough but not as a smokescreen. It plays on the unseeable elements of mental health. Telling some you’ve got a broken leg is straightforward and beyond doubt. Telling someone you’ve got a “broken” mind is asking them to trust you when you are in a weak & frightening place. A trust that will be made harder to achieve if some twisted sods play games to avoid responsibility for their actions.

Went for a short run in the hills yesterday. First time I’d felt the urge after losing my dad just over three years ago. The mind is a tricky thing & grief is weird. Being out running in the hills again was glorious. The itch & hunger is quietly coming back. A wise fellow runner had told me a while ago to be patient with myself. She was right; rest, friends & time heals many things.