Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Master

Re: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherton Lad View Post
    Or her silence means she doesn't wish to discuss these matters in public.
    Hang on. She's on here discussing it.

This thread in equal measure has made me glad to be a part of the community and also very sad and frustrated. A few threads have taken a turn for the worst lately.

My best wishes to both Mountain Goatess and Stagger. If you are ever in or around Sheffield and want to get out for a blast across the peaks and moors please give me a shout.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

I sense you just like to bicker.

I agree Simon it seems to be getting nasty as of late.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherton Lad View Post
    I sense you just like to bicker.
    I do. It stirs the passions. Unlike the people on 'Auntie maggie's remedy,' who have their passions suppressed.

[QUOTE=christopher leigh]I've said on here before that some people DESERVE TO BE DEPRESSED, for all the wrong choices they make. Choices they knew were wrong when they made them. Others feel down for things they have no control over. BUT, giving pills out to people so they never have to deal with personal grief just proves what a bunch of WIMPS we are.

The truth is, life is about ups and downs. You're not supposed to feel good all the time. In fact the dishing out of these happy pills, is the surest way of preventing people from facing their problems, because it produces a sense of achievment in PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T EARNED IT.

I am sorry I made the mistake of coming into this thread. I thought it may have some positive and informative comments, not ones that would fill me with doubt and worry about myself and my treatment. I need to be strong to try and get through this successfully and get back to work and my old self. I am not looking for an 'easy' way out CL and I am certainly not a 'wimp'!
    I just don't know how you can make the comments you did (ABOVE IN BLOCK CAPITAL) when you know nothing of individual personality, circumstance or situations.
    (With reference to the hypothyroidism, I do agree that could cause some depressive symptoms. I would have thought the doctors would rule that out before prescribing treatment. I certainly had tests done to rule out other things.)
    Mr Leigh, I replied to your post above...didn't you read it? Perhaps my further silence is a sign that I do not wish to be part of YOUR debate. You are free to air your opinions and beliefs but some of your comments and views are plain crass.
    Last edited by Mountain Goatess; 08-06-2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Hang on I'm just recovering from a 'Judge Judy moment.'

MG has implied by her silence to my question, that she hasn't been tested for thyroid. If that is so the 'trained professionals' haven't done their job properly, by ruling out a legitimate cause.

As I've said before the 'trained professionals' are giving out pills like 'Auntie Maggie's Remedy,' because it pacifies people. Most of these people have no abnormal brain chemistry, yet the pills they're given are designed to manipulate these chemicals, so they feel something artificial.

In other words the pills repress normal grief processes, allowing time to pass without any psychological pain.
    I am making the decesion to not comment further on this thread as try as I might CL you seem unable to digest information presented in a balanced way, ignoring information contrary to your arguments.
    and we run because we like it through the broad bright land

Master

[QUOTE=Mountain Goatess;338027][QUOTE=Mountain Goatess;337715]
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh
    I've said on here before that some people DESERVE TO BE DEPRESSED, for all the wrong choices they make. Choices they knew were wrong when they made them. Others feel down for things they have no control over. BUT, giving pills out to people so they never have to deal with personal grief just proves what a bunch of WIMPS we are.

The truth is, life is about ups and downs. You're not supposed to feel good all the time. In fact the dishing out of these happy pills, is the surest way of preventing people from facing their problems, because it produces a sense of achievment in PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T EARNED IT.

Mr Leigh, I replied to your post above...didn't you read it? Perhaps my further silence is a sign that I do not wish to be part of YOUR debate. You are free to air your opinions and beliefs but some of your comments and views are plain crass.
    BUT you've just initiated the debate! Don't you see? I also find it interesting to note, that out of all the things I've said on depression, you chose to be offended by comments made to a specific group of depressive sufferers. Why would you, if you didn't associate yourself with such people?

I find that lack of running or not being able to run through injury is really detrimental to my mental health, mondays are the worse and yesterday was pretty grim. This is why i end up out running when i've got sprained ankles like i have because i just need to buy a little time, doing the chevin last week probably put me back a week or so but it hit the spot mentally. Cycling just isn't the same and there's only so much weight training you can do. I think things are about to get worse as my physio is talking about stopping me running to see if it helps my knee issues, i don't think it'll help significantly based on past experience and i might have to either refuse point blank or give up on physio completely to avoid another dip. Trying times but i've just got to try and man it and try not to hate myself too much.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master

Quote Originally Posted by freckle View Post
    I am making the decesion to not comment further on this thread as try as I might CL you seem unable to digest information presented in a balanced way, ignoring information contrary to your arguments.
    I nearly fell off my chair, I was laughing so much. Look,instead of being moody feely, why don't you tell me exactly what you don't agree with and why?

Oh sorry you're not going to comment further.

Right I'm off.
    Last edited by CL; 08-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.