Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbey Anniversary race

Abbey Anniversary fell race

Hi folks, can I just take this opportunity to mark your card on a new fell race.
    My Leeds club,Abbey Runners celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and we have organised various events including a 5 mile fell race.

It's on Thursday 18th June at 7.30pm at Kettlewell, registration,prize giving ,food etc will take place at the Blue Bell Inn in the village.
    Mostly run on grass or good tracks over towards Arncliffe,the race is ideal for the novice runner who may be happier with a short race ,albeit with a fair climb. Alternatively if you hardy fell runners want a warm-up before the Eng.Champ. race at Tebay this may just fit the bill.

Details and route map on Abbey Runners web site

Dave aka Leeds Rhino

Re: Abbey Anniversary fell rac

Yo Leeds Rhino,

Nowt to do with your fell race (although i will stick link to Strollers website).

Were you at Pier to Pier last Sunday as I have a fair few photos of your lot who turned up en-masse and seemed to enjoy the day out, if you pm me with an amail address I will forward them all.

Cheers

Ken

I was indeed at the Pier to Pier race, we all enjoyed our day out. Not sure a few enjoyed my singing on the coach ride back to Leeds though

We enjoyed some good hospitality in a couple of pubs in Roker near to the finish

I'll pm you soon for the photos ,cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    I was indeed at the Pier to Pier race, we all enjoyed our day out. Not sure a few enjoyed my singing on the coach ride back to Leeds though

We enjoyed some good hospitality in a couple of pubs in Roker near to the finish

I'll pm you soon for the photos ,cheers

Dave
    Hi,

We must've met in the Harbour View then (your 2nd pub) as our lot were all there too de-briefing each other

Abbey Anniversary fell race

just to let you know,Abbey Runners in Leeds celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and to mark the occasion has organised several races, including a trail race on Ilkley Moor and a 10 mile road race in Leeds.
    This Thursday at 7.30pm we have arranged a 5 mile fell race in Kettlewell, We do appreciate the BOFRA race at Kettlewell has just taken place and its a couple of days before the Eng.Champ. race at Tebay but it would be good to see a few of you forumites come along.

Further details on the Abbey Runners website

Dave

Should be there............not doing Tebay.............cos Helm Hill is on Sunday.

Can you sort the weather; not like today please.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Consider it sorted, it will be a lovely summers evening is Mrs BGsec doing it ? ( forgot to mention that registration is at the Bluebell, with soup & rolls and fine ale afterwards )

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    Consider it sorted, it will be a lovely summers evening is Mrs BGsec doing it ? ( forgot to mention that registration is at the Bluebell, with soup & rolls and fine ale afterwards )
    No, Al's doing Tebay so wants the night off.

(Best value runner at Stretton in the Fantasy, 11 pints from a 1 pint investment. Finally come good.)

Looking forward to the soup, the roll and particularly the ale.

Super Moderator

I got talked into running this in the pub this evening. Looks a good route and I'm looking forward to it now
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 17-06-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: usual drunken twaddle
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I got talked into running this in the pub this evening. Looks a good route and I'm looking forward to it now
    See you there DT.

A training race for me this; still struggling and only managing BOFRAs and shorts just now. Great fun tho'.