Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowden Horseshoe

Re: Crowden Horseshoe - 13 May

thanks to all the organisers for yesterdays most enjoyable fell race at Crowden. some nice varied terrain, and almost all of it runnable, even for a southern softee. It was nice to finish before the rain came in, even nicer to scalp a few county runners,(allbeit fellow southerners).
    and with the good news that the Railway Porter pub in Stockport has been saved from demolition for the time being, I'm looking forward to some more fell running/drinking excursions up north this summer.
    thanks again for a great weekend.

Results - http://race-results.co.uk/results/20...wdenopenfr.htm

Yes, sorry I missed you DAB, I was probably sulking about the run ahead! Well done winning your category.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    You have now all seen invisible; I was the lone spectator on the run in from Black Hill.
    Were you the fella who was shouting "Go on Lloyd, dig in"?, if so, it wasn't Lloyd...I was miles back.

This keeps happening. Why? I'm far better looking than him! Ask Jackie.

Also, his real name is Joe, not Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Winskill View Post
    Were you the fella who was shouting "Go on Lloyd, dig in"?, if so, it wasn't Lloyd...I was miles back.
    No that wasn't me, I know my Taggarts from my Winskills.

As for digging in that didn't seem to be a problem.

My breasts are fairly recognisable; unique you might say.

Whereabouts were you then? Hope I didn't run straight through you...

I've got a meeting in Barnsley tomorrow so am nicking the afternoon off work and will be in the area.

So, 48hrs after the rest of you I'll be having a bit of a trudge around the course - I guess there'll still be plenty of peaty footprints to follow!

If I find any shoes etc. in the bogs I'll fetch 'em back to the carpark

MH

I walked up to Tooleyshaw Moss watched the top ten then turned round following the course back. It was beginning to rain and most of you were heads down. The only person who tried to run through me was a lady from Glossopdale.

DaZ H,
    That bambi thingy jump was me, and that was my first proper fell race, I ran at Rivington Pike, thinking it would be fun, and came in 1st for Merseyside, well we dont have fells here you know.

And agreed to run for merseyside in this race, my god, it was a bit of a shocker for a mere road runner like me, I do xcountry in the winter, but this race made it look like p**s. Sorry couldnt help that one.

Yes I run in our forest and like to jump over stiles and things, I think I am out of tomb raider sometimes.

All in all a good race, wish Ihadnt gone off too slow, as it was well backed up along the paths, and yes, I was not used to the fell running, so Some people zoomed past me on the technical bits Really fun lot you all are, I shall be back but mayber after my half marathon debut, dont want no more injuries, I fell half way with a badly bruised knee and cuts

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnersam View Post
    DaZ H,
    That bambi thingy jump was me, and that was my first proper fell race, I ran at Rivington Pike, thinking it would be fun, and came in 1st for Merseyside, well we dont have fells here you know.

And agreed to run for merseyside in this race, my god, it was a bit of a shocker for a mere road runner like me, I do xcountry in the winter, but this race made it look like p**s. Sorry couldnt help that one.

Yes I run in our forest and like to jump over stiles and things, I think I am out of tomb raider sometimes.

All in all a good race, wish Ihadnt gone off too slow, as it was well backed up along the paths, and yes, I was not used to the fell running, so Some people zoomed past me on the technical bits Really fun lot you all are, I shall be back but mayber after my half marathon debut, dont want no more injuries, I fell half way with a badly bruised knee and cuts
    your the clayton girl yeah, candice you must have made a lot of ground up , were did you fall, hang on im having flashbacks now there were 2 of you that fell then , if it was you at the stile i cannot remember seeing you fall but there was a blonde haired girl that landed in a bog and i thought wow she has landed badly right next to me , just asked her if she was okay and she moaned yes im alright so we kinda carried on.i knew that i wouldnt have beaten you on the last bit of road thats why i offered you teh stile, you had past me 3 times on decent ground. i actually held back on that last technical bit as i knew the race wasnt finishing just after the stile which it normally does. well hope to see you on the fells again , a bit of practice coming downhill on rocks and you would be lots quicker a very good run though cheers daz h

Daz, you must have been disappointed with your time at Eyam (1:44) on Sunday - I suppose you were saving yourself for Crowden. The thing I can't quite get my head round is how you managed to get to Crowden for the start of that race only 1hr 30mins after you started Eyam. You must have been using XRunner's theory - see the Fairfield thread!