Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Weather

Hot Weather

Does anyone else hate this hot weather - I'd much rather run in the cold and wet

Re: Hot Weather

I completely agree, I was definitely built for cooler climates! I feel drained and sweaty and lethargic within minutes of leaving the house when trying to run in the heat even in the mornings although it's not as bad

I think you can get used to it a bit though - I definitely suffered less as the summer went on last year (or more likely we just had a very short summer )

Yeah, it's a nightmare. I get out early or leave it till later - give me a nice light drizzle anyday, preferably with a nice northerly chucked in......

Master

Yep anything above 60 degree`s is to hot fo me, makes me another early morning late evening person, much more pleasant being soaked by rain rather than sweat
    The older I get the Faster I was

I'm enjoying the lovely sunshine and warmth!!!

BUT

I can't run for toffee in the heat (well I can't run for toffee anyway!!). Much prefer to run in the cool and drizzle of Autumn and Spring.

Love the sun, bring it on, the warmer the better. So what the fells are rock hard, love the feeling of sun on your back, makes life look more positive!!

The thing with all this warm weather its horrible running now to bloody hard under foot like running on a road, i descided to bike today instead.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Yeah, too hot for me at the moment! I'm not really much good at running and the heat just makes me feel weak from the off - give me a bit of mist and drizzle any day!

I think my ideal conditions would be about 15-20 degrees most of the year, with a good amount of rain (for the garden and to make the ground softer). I'd also like a shorter but more intense Winter and longer days right throughout the year.

I'm trying to think of how I would engineer this. I think it would require the Earth to have a strange orbit, be strange-shaped, or maybe orbit two suns. Any astronomers out there?

I love the hot weather and you lot are all wimps and, likely as not, will completely ruin the summer by your pathetic wishing for cool rainy weather