Thread: Bruised heel?

Bruised heel?

At the end of last night club traing run I got a pain in my right heel. It's at the back of the heel on the right hand side. I can feel it when I'm standing with my weight on both feet; when I lift the foot off the ground the heel throbs a bit and then calms down.

Is this likely to be a simple bruise or could it be something more serious; I've got a 27 mile off road race on Sunday. Any helpful thoughts, pearls of wisdom, useful tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers - Raymond

Re: Bruised heel?

I presume you have RICE'd it Raymond. I would rest for a couple of days and try running on it Saturday. If it is still painful I wouldn't risk racing it. I've been there and done that and suffered the consequences.
    If you are racing (I presume it is 3 Forts) good luck. I will not be there due to moving, but will have a look at the results. Watch out for the horrible climb up to the Dyke that goes on and on...

Re: Bruised heel?

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I presume you have RICE'd it Raymond. I would rest for a couple of days and try running on it Saturday. If it is still painful I wouldn't risk racing it. I've been there and done that and suffered the consequences.
    If you are racing (I presume it is 3 Forts) good luck. I will not be there due to moving, but will have a look at the results. Watch out for the horrible climb up to the Dyke that goes on and on...
    Cheers Pav - I haven't had a chance to get any ice on it yet, but will start RICEing once I get home this evening.

Yup it is the 3 Forts. I've done the climb to the Dyke in training and it does go on a long long way, but then again so does the coming down. Shame you're not going to be there Sunday as I was looing forward to saying hello.

Good luck with the move - Raymond