Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SLMM - who's in?

Re: SLMM - who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Klets is my fall back plan if my partner is injured- just so I can say I have done it!
    I thought it was us oldies who were meant to get injured, not the young partners? Hope my porter (sorry partner) doesn't get injured between now and tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know where the start times are listed, Im interested in Carrock fell start time - I cant seem to find it on the saunders website....??

Quote Originally Posted by Wharfedale Old Gal View Post
    Does anyone know where the start times are listed, Im interested in Carrock fell start time - I cant seem to find it on the saunders website....??
    Not sure why you can't find them: they're there. Go to the home page http://www.slmm.org.uk/, click in "start lists" & then select the Carrock Fell tab.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Wharfedale Old Gal View Post
    Or if you like try this http://www.sientries.co.uk/list.php?event_id=282&id=904

!!??

Thanks all - can't believe I missed them!!!

Master

Hope your navigation's better than your reading ;-)

LOL - Doesn't bode well does it!!!!

Well there's no shortage of water in the Lakes now - it's been raining all day. Yesterday the weather was great: sunny, not too much wind, but not too hot either. Today the clag was down & it started raining almost as soon as we started running, & didn't really stop all day (or until after I'd left for home anyway).

Tyke & I were doing the Bowfell class, & yesterday we were running along the High Street ridge, & doing a lot of really steep ascents & descents. Very hard on the legs, & the climb up Kentmere Pike from the west (Ullstone Gill) at the end of the day was pretty brutal. As we expected a lot of the ground was pretty runnable though, when it wasn't too steep. Overnight camp was in Longsleddale by the main stream, and was a good one with plenty of space & reasonably flat turf. Had to watch out for thistles when I was wandering around barefoot though. Today we started with another steep climb up Kentmere Pike, this time to meet the gales and the rain. We were wet & blown around all day, but again the ground was mostly runnable, so we had a good time mixed in with the suffering.
    Don't know the final score yet, but we were 15th out of 50 at the end of yesterday & I'm hoping we won't have lost more than 1 or 2 places today. We were going pretty well really, with no major navigation errors. Scafell class next year! (what have I said?)
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Cool Re: SLMM - who's in?

Excellent event as ever. Big thanks to all the organisers and team. Hope the marquee survived! Lots of route choice on the Klets. Pretty gnarly high up today for a summer event. Happy to finish un-injured. Time for a bath.

Richard

Results are on for both days and overall, plus splits
    Thanks Andrew L