Thread: Water

Water

Just a quick note, thank you and heads up for you.
    Last week our MR team ran its annual walk/Run the Rossendale way, i always get tasked with supplying the water for this event.
    My contact at United Utilities is a good mate and always sorts me out, but due to the near drought situation in the north west region, UUW would not release any bottled water at all!
    Bugger i only had a week to sort out, i frantically e-mailed all bottled water suppliers only got one reply.
    BUXTON water which is owned by nestle were absolutely fantastic.
    they supplied over 1200 bottles of water FOC they were even prepared to deliver (did not allow them to)
    So in a round about way just a note if you ever buy bottled water and are faced with every name under the sun in front of you at the cooler then please bear in mind the kind gesture they have done towards Mountain rescue.
    Going to try again....

Re: Water

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Just a quick note, thank you and heads up for you.
    Last week our MR team ran its annual walk/Run the Rossendale way, i always get tasked with supplying the water for this event.
    My contact at United Utilities is a good mate and always sorts me out, but due to the near drought situation in the north west region, UUW would not release any bottled water at all!
    Bugger i only had a week to sort out, i frantically e-mailed all bottled water suppliers only got one reply.
    BUXTON water which is owned by nestle were absolutely fantastic.
    they supplied over 1200 bottles of water FOC they were even prepared to deliver (did not allow them to)
    So in a round about way just a note if you ever buy bottled water and are faced with every name under the sun in front of you at the cooler then please bear in mind the kind gesture they have done towards Mountain rescue.
    well done Buxton. Steve, you couldn't pass me a couple of bottles at Styhead pass on Saturday during Wasdale could you please?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    well done Buxton. Steve, you couldn't pass me a couple of bottles at Styhead pass on Saturday during Wasdale could you please?
    thanks
    All gone pal it was hot Sat xx
    Going to try again....

Good laal shout out there Steve.....Buxton it is then in future!