View Poll Results: Long Runs? With Friends/On Your Own?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like my own company

52 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Run; On Your Own/With Friends

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Long Run; On Your Own/With Friends

Due to the time I get out for my long run I don't often get the chance to run with others. Despite this, given the choice I like to get out & run on my own. I enjoy the solitude & independence....does this make me a miserable, unsociable b*****d?
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

david
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    I enjoy the solitude & independence....does this make me a miserable, unsociable b*****d?
    If so then I'm one too although come to think of it my wife has been calling me that for years .

Master
    None of the above options apply to me as i do all my long runs with my dog for company, she is faster, has better endurance than me and is probably a better navigator.

I am sure that i am not the only person on here that trains with a dog for company.
    Last edited by JohnK; 07-01-2007 at 08:01 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

undercover moderator
    I've just been out for yet another navigationally interesting run by myself.

Stumbling around a mire in the gathering darkness pretending to have Tourettes in gale-force wind and rain would be only half as much fun if there was someone else there to say "I know where we are".

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike
    Became mildly displaced this morning and was thankful of having others with me, so my vote has to go with 'running with others' (can always blame someone else when everything goes pear shaped!)

Master and MR
    i do most of my training runs with my lady friend Hollie, she has been with me for years and often is in my thoughts as she trots along in front, most times she keeps quiet but when im strugglin she drops back a bit and jollies me along, she always runs in nice tight fitting sorts even in winter

Due to my shifts I mostly run by myself too but I do enjoy it and yes i get a buzz from self reliance too 'specially this time of year. That said when I get the chance to run in company thats good too

I like running on my own. Gives you time to think and enjoy your surroundings.

Apart from the occasional club session I do the rest of my training runs on my own. I don't mind this but it makes it difficult to do the more intense faster stuff that you have to inflict on yourself from time to time. The situation has improved recently with working from home for part of the week, so that I can meet up with a few clubmates at lunchtime if I want to.

I also find it hard enough fitting the runs in to my own daily life without trying to co-ordinate them with somebody else's equally busy life.

I prefer long runs by myself as I tend to get frustrated when people run to slow when I'm running with them. If I do a warm up I get frustrated with how slow I have to run