Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love handles?

Re: Love handles?

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Dearest Mr B,

How you make me chuckle Wasn't it you who wanted only last week to force meat into my mouth 'cos of being a little too petite?
    Leave home, get a harder paper round and never turn the car or house heating on and you will be surprised how soon those gobbits of fat just melt away.
    Is that an offer? :w00t: I'd be fine with moving in with you and your 'fiancee', we could be like some comically mismatched variation of Friends and spend the evenings arguing about who knocked who's bike over and which one of you two has borrowed my Skins half tights; i'll be Ross and you can be Rachel. I'll be expecting you to turn a blind eye if you catch me rummaging in your underwear drawer though...
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I'll be expecting you to turn a blind eye if you catch me rummaging in your underwear drawer though...
    I've never heard it called that before.

I don't remember any of those type of Friends episodes. Were these the late night ones?

Lola

Rachel, please no.:thunbdown: Way too sickly and in need of constant re-assurance. As for rummaging, so long as you do the laundry you can organise my underwear draw however you like:thumbup:
    You can be attentive to my bike saddle as well so long as you de-grease the chain whilst you are at it!

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    It's a complicated world for us men these days. It seems I need to be skinny for running, muscly for being viewed from a distance and then fat for being cuddled in darkened rooms. Perhaps I should also be taller at certain times for helping reach things. :wink:
    Yes that works

How old are you Brightside? My guessing is that you've probably just hit your 30's?? if so, the problem is that from that magic age, unless you stimulate it you're losing muscle mass. This drops your metabolic rate and you slowly get more tubby. If you only do cardiovascular/endurance exercise then this actually compounds the problem as it can result in more breakdown of muscle tissue. The solution I'm afraid is some time in the gym pumping some iron. I tend to hit the gym 2-3 times per week in the winter months and this sees me through the year. I believe, that as long as you're doing the right exercises, you'll also improve your running and injury proof yourself.... I can guarantee that some whippet thin oldie will leap on here and debunk this saying that they only run but they're just blessed with a very unusual metabolism/body make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    How old are you Brightside? My guessing is that you've probably just hit your 30's?? if so, the problem is that from that magic age, unless you stimulate it you're losing muscle mass. This drops your metabolic rate and you slowly get more tubby. If you only do cardiovascular/endurance exercise then this actually compounds the problem as it can result in more breakdown of muscle tissue. The solution I'm afraid is some time in the gym pumping some iron. I tend to hit the gym 2-3 times per week in the winter months and this sees me through the year. I believe, that as long as you're doing the right exercises, you'll also improve your running and injury proof yourself.... I can guarantee that some whippet thin oldie will leap on here and debunk this saying that they only run but they're just blessed with a very unusual metabolism/body make-up.
    I think what Nikalas is trying to say is:

When you're younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still climb into your 26 inch waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age -- 24, 25 -- your muscles give up they wave a little white flag and then without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat b@st@rd.

http://members.multimania.co.uk/sara...warfquotes.htm

.... I can guarantee that some whippet thin oldie will leap on here and debunk this saying that they only run but they're just blessed with a very unusual metabolism/body make-up.
    Does 52 count? I only run 2 or 3 times a week, drink 3 or 4 pints of beer a day and always weigh 11st 4lb ( I exaggerate here, 20 years ago when running the marathon alot, I was 5 or 6lbs lighter). Don't have any love handles, so I have to borrow some-one else's.
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 09-07-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I think what Nikalas is trying to say is:

When you're younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still climb into your 26 inch waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age -- 24, 25 -- your muscles give up they wave a little white flag and then without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat b@st@rd.

http://members.multimania.co.uk/sara...warfquotes.htm
    I'll name that tune in one.....

I'm 31 this year Nik and i've been doing weights since i was at school, i train for tone not power. I'm surprised fat has started to collect on me so early as i have no hair on my face to speak of really, just a rat tache and a crappy goatee, the rest is like a baby's arse. My little brother was complaining of sunburn on his balding patch recently! I have a reasonably low fat diet, i hate fat on meat even the slightest bit but i do like chips..., i eat chippy fish for the protien too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Rachel, please no.:thunbdown: Way too sickly and in need of constant re-assurance. As for rummaging, so long as you do the laundry you can organise my underwear draw however you like:thumbup:
    You can be attentive to my bike saddle as well so long as you de-grease the chain whilst you are at it!
    Of course, i should have guessed you'd me more of a Pheobe type, more spiritually balanced than the easily panicked Rachel. I'm not much of a snurdler i'm afraid so you can lube your own chain but i'm meticulous to the point of obsessive compulsiveness so i can promise you your hoisery wouldn't get mixed up with her's.