Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Druid Fell Race

Senior Member Usually at the back's Avatar

Re: The Druid Fell Race

thanks for the race ........... the dark forest was the muddiest I have ever seen it

Was indeed a "slightly extended route", Martin! Was that planned? Did really enjoy the race, though, even with the additional hill. Sorry, we couldn't stay for the results. Yes, I was pleased with the Pensby turnout in the end. Great race.

Was loving the race until i nearly broke my ankle at the summit and had to walk back down with a limp! had to go to a & e after with the pain and swelling,thank the lord its just a sprain! was in about 12th place when it happened tobrilliant atmosphere otherwise =)

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Was indeed a "slightly extended route", Martin! Was that planned? Did really enjoy the race, though, even with the additional hill. Sorry, we couldn't stay for the results. Yes, I was pleased with the Pensby turnout in the end. Great race.
    Ah, so it wasn't just me then. I was sure that the route was slightly different, but chatting to some at the end of the race they reckoned we had ran that way before...was YTD winging it ;-) ? Didn't mind the last wee climb, but had to excuse myself as I made my way past some people on their first ascent of FF. Not ran a wee fell race - or any wee race - since Cilcain in August & thought my lungs were bleeding when I finished. Was given a masterclass in pacing by Jez who took a minute out of me as we hit that first field on the way home.Thanks to Martin & all his many helpers on the night, sorry I couldn't wait for the presentation, but I had to pick up my eldest....apparently my running no longer takes priority in the Houston household, when did that happen?Hope John is getting well & hope to see him out & about soon.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Apologies for the compact post, can't do smilies or paragraphs on this computer.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Thanks for the extra climb (not at the time obviously, you evil people) I managed to sneak past one of our guys I've only ever beaten once
    Comment from one of our new people: 'the thing about these is there's such great, supportive atmosphere.' Bang on.

I'll catch up with you yet, young idler. Probably not soon though - I'm waiting for your first comeback race after your next injury or illness. Not that I remember you ever having been injured or ill...

A good race isn't it? A bit frustrating coming off the summit for those of us who are better at descending than ascending, since overtaking's nigh on impossible for quite a while. But then by the time we'd got past that section I'd saved enough energy to blast past loads of people once we were clear of the heather. Events that start & end at a good pub get plenty of extra marks from me as well.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Yes, but it does give you a bit of a rest before the mad descent (or what would have been if there wasn't another ascent thrown in for a laugh).

You had a very impressive turnout from Helsby - about 20?

we had 22 out for Helsby, it's the biggest field for a fell race from our club i've known (in 5 years or so) not sure historically. 17 out for Tattenhall and 15 for Spectrum. Looks like Pensby had a few out too, ten or so?

We have started a three race inter-club competition between Helsby, Tattenhall and Spectrum and this was the 1st of the 3. Results not completed for that yet but hopefully it helped us having a few extra numbers.

It was a great race and night I thought. Lots of friendly battles going on out there.
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Somebody at Spectrum spoke to me about this inter club arrangement recently about whether Pensby would be interested. We would. I'm guessing it's too late for this round of races?