Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Druid Fell Race

Re: The Druid

It's a shame these clash with the Shropshire series. I reckon you'd get another 20+ if they didn't clash.

Stiperstones is a smashing race which I've done a couple of times - maybe next year we could coordinate with the organisers of the Shropshire races to avoid clashing!

Incidentally why have I put this on the general races threads - can I transfer it to the races section?

and the Druid is a smashing race too, can't wait now, should be a few of the Helsby crew down for that one
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

The Druid Fell Race

I seem to have fallen into the habit of putting posts into the wrong thread - here's trying to get this one right!

Next Wednesday 14th Jull at 7.30 pm from Llanferres on the Mold to Ruthin road.

Fellrunner has the record for this one as well!

Re: The Druid Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    I seem to have fallen into the habit of putting posts into the wrong thread - here's trying to get this one right!

Next Wednesday 14th Jull at 7.30 pm from Llanferres on the Mold to Ruthin road.

Fellrunner has the record for this one as well!
    Thinking of coming over for this as part of my return to fell running programme...

Can you give a brief course description?

Up and downer or one of your usual style of routes...:-)

fell shoes?

yes fell shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    yes fell shoes
    and head torch

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    and head torch
    Or you could wear shades until you get to the Harry Potteresque Forest of Doooooom .

I've not ran in the hills since the Border League at Tattenhall was cancelled in January, but I don't think I've ever missed this race & hope to get along.

Steep hill start on a road, which passes through a gate into a field - still pretty steep - until you turn left at a kissing gate. After this you're running through fields, the wood, farm tracks with plenty of styles & gates. You eventually get to Foel Fenlli which you climb halfway up, contour around left to the opposite side & climb to the summit before descending to the bottom & retracing your steps. The finish is not back on the road, it is near the first kissing gate.

Iain, there's not a lot of climbing - less descent - & it's quite fast running I might be tempted to wear my Mizuno Harriers. Be good to see you there.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Thanks Fellrunner for filling everyone in. The reference to the headtorch relates to the short stretch of forest both there and back. If it's a sunny evening it can come as a bit of a shock to be running in the gloom trying to avoid tree roots!

Also the top of Fenlli has had a bit of work done to avoid erosion and I'm not sure what John has sorted with regards to the actual circuit around the top - I'm sure it'll be pretty much the same in terms of climb/distance.