Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: good riddance mr alcohol

good riddance mr alcohol

dear mr alcohol,
    it's time to say good bye. for four long years you lied to me, you told me you would be my friend and make my trouble go away, well they were still there when i woke up and to be honest, my friend you could never help and take them away and yes they will be here for many more years yet. you told me that you would help me sleep at night, but you lied, you just gave me nightmares and horrible weired dreams. you promise me to keep me company but to be honest they were the most boring and loneliest nights i have ever spent. you told me that you had the answers again you lied, you are not the solution.

mr alchol you are a thief and like a leech you seduced me with your fancy brown glass dress, your beautiful smell and your creamy blond hair and like a cheap tart you stole my heart with false empty promises. when i was skint you stole my money like a back street thief. you enter my head every night at 6 o'clock and don't go until i open one of your friends. you don't like me, i know because of what you have done to me.

it's going to be great not waking up feeling like crap. no more head aches and hang overs. no more up set stomachs. no more laughing out loud and talking crap with other jerks in smelly pubs. no more humiliation.

i knew all about you mr alchol, but i still allowed you in my life but you dont care. like your cousins from the fields of afghanistan, the jungles of Columbia and around the corner mr benson and hedges will always find other vulnerable victims to feed off. you parasites always will.

i am not ashamed of this post but what i am ashamed off is allowing you to do to me what you did and while i am speaking frankly mr alchol i never really liked you, so good bye and good riddance.
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers

Re: good riddance mr alcohol

Well done JB, my mate's a full blown alcoholic and always has been, one day his little girl's going to have to bury him and she'll be too young for it. Stick with it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Well done JB, my mate's a full blown alcoholic and always has been, one day his little girl's going to have to bury him and she'll be too young for it. Stick with it.
    thanks.
    i am not a alcoholic yet but thats where mr alcohol is leading me. for the past year i ve told both my doctor that i ve wanted to stop drinking so i could carry on drinking because i like it, i like everything about it but i was kidding myself. i could never go back to social drinking.

i dont drink alot, maybe a bottle of wine a night to help me sleep, sometimes i do 8 tins but thats rare and at the weekends. it's the constant drink night after night and i lie to myself why i need it. the reason why i drink is the reason why i have to stop, if i have to look after her then i can't if i don't look after myself.

Last edited by Carlos the Jackal; 15-07-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers

JTB no booze means more money to spend on the restoration! Bikes are so much better than booze, especially well restored lovely 80's classics
    "That was the night everything changed"

Wish I'd read this before going out on the club run last night. Pub session afterwards turned into a four hour job. Feel wretched this morning :thunbdown:.

Well done JTB. All the best with it.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Keep it up JtB.

We have a very strange relationship with alcohol in this country. It's so ingrained into our culture. You can feel like you're the odd one out when the make the sensible decision to stop using a harmful and addictive drug.

thackley,near canal/river and old emmerdale

youre an athlete,you cycle,run in the hills and take part in races.
    that takes real effort.
    you dont need alcohol,you are better than it.
    watch your training,racing and mental health improve.
    perservere jtb,it will not be easy,but life isnt.

Super Moderator

Good luck jtb. I see a man walk past my house regularly, whose life is being destroyed by alcohol. Very sad
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Brave, brave post, searingly honest, just what it needs I imagine.

Wish you all the best JTB, first steps toward a brighter future, maybe these are the hardest ones to take, could you print off your post & carry it with you this weekend, just in case? Good luck & good energy.
    "You have brains in your head, your feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose". Dr Seuss.

What's wrong with laughing out loud?
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...