Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: good riddance mr alcohol

Super Moderator

Re: good riddance mr alcohol

Any further news john?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

yes. completed a month but Sunday i spent a nice day with her so i had a bottle of wine and we watched Sherlock. when there are good times i have to enjoy every second i can with her, nothing since and no intention but i wished i hadn't bothered, today i hate the bitch.

going to the doctors tomorrow for my depression and help with sleep. hope he signs me off work for a month or two, but i doubt it i haven't that sort of doctor that everyone else has.
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers

Super Moderator

How you doing john? Back on the sauce or keeping off it?

hi derby tup,
    the news is that i did almost 5 weeks without a single drop, then i had a bottle of wine with the wife one sunday evening. i have to enjoy every second i can with her now and it was a great evening.

since then i limit myself to once a week only, and i have stuck with this. now the bottle live on the floor between drinks and not in my hand. on that day i will have one bottle of wine or 6 330cl of beer or cider, which is only about 3 and a half pints. so well under the limits of the weekly allowance.

now that i am on anti depressents i have started to feel less angry and more relaxed which i find i can sleep much better. so i now feel much better about myself and things for the time being are starting to look up.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by john the baptist View Post
    hi derby tup,
    the news is that i did almost 5 weeks without a single drop, then i had a bottle of wine with the wife one sunday evening. i have to enjoy every second i can with her now and it was a great evening.

since then i limit myself to once a week only, and i have stuck with this. now the bottle live on the floor between drinks and not in my hand. on that day i will have one bottle of wine or 6 330cl of beer or cider, which is only about 3 and a half pints. so well under the limits of the weekly allowance.

now that i am on anti depressents i have started to feel less angry and more relaxed which i find i can sleep much better. so i now feel much better about myself and things for the time being are starting to look up.
    That sounds good news john. Glad to see the meds haven't diminished the fire in your belly when it comes to politics mind

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    That sounds good news john. Glad to see the meds haven't diminished the fire in your belly when it comes to politics mind
    thanks. i do seem to get myself into scrapes though. i think it is my style of writing that does it. i do believe everything i write but i do go overboard when provoked. it does cause people to form an opinion of me thats not not me.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by john the baptist View Post
    hi derby tup,

Can you tell us what you're angry about JTB?

Yeah, what're you rebelling against, Johnny?
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Can you tell us what you're angry about JTB?
    Anger or feelings of anger are one of the classic symptoms of depression... people often make the mistake that depression is just feeling sad where in fact it can be a heightened state of many negative feelings such as anger, fear, sadness, apathy etc... often you don't feel this way about anything in particular that's one of the things that can be so frustrating.

One of the over-riding emotions I brought back from Bosnia was frustrated and impotent anger, as I told the quack at the time. Brought on by wanting to do the 'right' thing, but frequently not being able to, or being at a place several hours after an atrocity (it's impossible to be there before, because it hasn't yet happened). 'twas a bit like fighting a conflagration in half a town with 3 mates and one bucket.
    Hopefully all sublimated now, I took alot out on a bloke in Edinburgh in '96 who thought he'd have a go at me (just the one punch, but with plenty of feeling).