Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 bare-grip 200 review

Inov-8 bare-grip 200 review

Inov-8 Bare-Grip™ 200 review

I’ve been very lucky to “test” a pair of Inov-8’s new Bare-Grip™ 200 and boy….they’re good!
    Here’s my initial review….

Outsole
    This shoe, which is born for off trail and fell running, features deep, aggressive lugs (similar to the X-Talon 212). Inov-8’s Sticky Rubber compound gives the Bare-Grip outsole even more traction to optimize grip in wet conditions. The tradeoff of the soft rubber’s awesome traction is that it will wear down more quickly than Inov-8’s Endurance Rubber.
    The entire outsole and shoe is extremely flexible, incredibly light and responsive. There’s nothing in the outsole to prevent or interfere with it flexing. You really get a good feel for the trail beneath your feet.

Midsole
    The Bare-Grip™ 200 has NO midsole, NO cushioning and NO differential! Inov-8 indicates the level of cushioning in its various models by the number of arrows on the heel of the midsoles. The more arrows, the more cushioning. The Bare-Grip™ 200 has 0, yes, ZERO out of 4 possible arrows and is intended for racing and those wanting to experience a minimalist shoe . All this means is that the Bare-Grip™ 200 is extremely low profile and flexible, allowing maximum proprioception feedback.

Upper
    The upper is primarily a super-soft woven mesh (similar to F-Lite 230). This allows the shoe to be ultra-flexible, breathe very well, while allowing water to drain. It’s also extremely comfortable!
    With the Bare-Grip™ 200 you also get a new tongue design! The tongue is an extremely soft, suede-like material, which again is very comfortable.
    Unlike the some of Inov-8’s range, such as the X-Talon, this shoe has hardly any rand. You get a bit on the front, but that’s it. This means that the shoe is a lot more comfortable and allows a bit more room in the toe-box. The obvious trade-off of to this is that there is less protection and probably will mean that they will be less durable than the Mudroc 290 for example.
    The fit is based on Inov-8’s performance last, which is narrow through the toe, but soft upper allows the toe box to provide your toes with ample space. The upper is very secure and I didn’t notice my foot sliding around at all when bombing steep descents.
    The heel is also super-soft and is fully collapsible, but keeps the heel securely in place.

Insole
    The Bare-Grip™ 200 comes with a 3mm removable insole. It is very thin and relatively flat, so it doesn’t provide a great deal of support. You can customize the volume of the shoe by using Inov-8’s 3mm and 6mm footbeds. If you find there is too much room, you just add an extra footbed, not enough room, take the insoles out.

The Conclusion
    The Bare-Grip™ 200 is very lightweight, extremely flexible and extremely grippy. If you’re looking for the ultimate off trail shoe, this is it! If you’re into barefoot/minimalist running, but need grip and a little protection for running in a harsh trail environment, this is the shoe for you!
    This is the shoe that I’ve been searching for, for the last 2 years and I can’t wait to hit the trail again as soon as possible!

Run wild and free!

Re: Inov-8 bare-grip 200 revie

Picture please ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
    Picture please ;-)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/11317868...14102558408258 the lime green ones
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    Thanks Scott. Want some....

Banned

The BareGrip 200 won a Gold award at the Outdoor Show in Germany last week
    Pics

BAREGRIP 200

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    The BareGrip 200 won at the Outdoor Show in Germany last week
    Pics
    And the Five finger condom type of thing the guy on the right is wearing ?

Banned

Evoskin

Super Moderator

Insider, what do you think folk will wear these for? Training on relatively easy terrain? Racing over the same? Or would they be okay in Lakeland or Snowdonia say?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Terry the Tortoise View Post
    Inov-8 Bare-Grip™ 200 review

I’ve been very lucky to “test” a pair of Inov-8’s new Bare-Grip™ 200 and boy….they’re good!
    Here’s my initial review….

Outsole
    This shoe, which is born for off trail and fell running, features deep, aggressive lugs (similar to the X-Talon 212). Inov-8’s Sticky Rubber compound gives the Bare-Grip outsole even more traction to optimize grip in wet conditions. The tradeoff of the soft rubber’s awesome traction is that it will wear down more quickly than Inov-8’s Endurance Rubber.
    The entire outsole and shoe is extremely flexible, incredibly light and responsive. There’s nothing in the outsole to prevent or interfere with it flexing. You really get a good feel for the trail beneath your feet.

Midsole
    The Bare-Grip™ 200 has NO midsole, NO cushioning and NO differential! Inov-8 indicates the level of cushioning in its various models by the number of arrows on the heel of the midsoles. The more arrows, the more cushioning. The Bare-Grip™ 200 has 0, yes, ZERO out of 4 possible arrows and is intended for racing and those wanting to experience a minimalist shoe . All this means is that the Bare-Grip™ 200 is extremely low profile and flexible, allowing maximum proprioception feedback.

Upper
    The upper is primarily a super-soft woven mesh (similar to F-Lite 230). This allows the shoe to be ultra-flexible, breathe very well, while allowing water to drain. It’s also extremely comfortable!
    With the Bare-Grip™ 200 you also get a new tongue design! The tongue is an extremely soft, suede-like material, which again is very comfortable.
    Unlike the some of Inov-8’s range, such as the X-Talon, this shoe has hardly any rand. You get a bit on the front, but that’s it. This means that the shoe is a lot more comfortable and allows a bit more room in the toe-box. The obvious trade-off of to this is that there is less protection and probably will mean that they will be less durable than the Mudroc 290 for example.
    The fit is based on Inov-8’s performance last, which is narrow through the toe, but soft upper allows the toe box to provide your toes with ample space. The upper is very secure and I didn’t notice my foot sliding around at all when bombing steep descents.
    The heel is also super-soft and is fully collapsible, but keeps the heel securely in place.

Insole
    The Bare-Grip™ 200 comes with a 3mm removable insole. It is very thin and relatively flat, so it doesn’t provide a great deal of support. You can customize the volume of the shoe by using Inov-8’s 3mm and 6mm footbeds. If you find there is too much room, you just add an extra footbed, not enough room, take the insoles out.

The Conclusion
    The Bare-Grip™ 200 is very lightweight, extremely flexible and extremely grippy. If you’re looking for the ultimate off trail shoe, this is it! If you’re into barefoot/minimalist running, but need grip and a little protection for running in a harsh trail environment, this is the shoe for you!
    This is the shoe that I’ve been searching for, for the last 2 years and I can’t wait to hit the trail again as soon as possible!

Run wild and free!
    How pray how much did they cost you.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Insider, what do you think folk will wear these for? Training on relatively easy terrain? Racing over the same? Or would they be okay in Lakeland or Snowdonia say?
    They are for anyone who wants to do anything barefoot but need some underfoot protection.( running, walking, slack lining, treadmill, beach running, surfing etc)

I have used mine for the last 4/5 months both off road( grassy deer park) and on the road ( 5 miles round Clifton Downs was the last road run)
    They will be ideal for anyone who wants to strengthen their feet.

Think of them as a training tool.
    I use to do hill sprints, track session, down hill decending drills, I even tried sprinting up short hills dragging a tyre behind me ( its now round my middle) I also use to do 10k treadmill sessions on a 10% incline.
    The EVOSKINS are for conditioning/strengthening you feet and getting good posture.

I dont believe they will be right for everyone but its about offering choice.
    I was very skeptical about them before I started using them.....Read the BAREFOOT THREAD

If ever I feel stiff or aches/twinges I then use Evoskins which seem to get rid of all the twinges.
    This morning I did a 3 mile jog off road in Evoskins & tonight I went for walk across fields near my house in them.

They work for me, Ive binned my orthotics.