Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 bare-grip 200 review

Banned

Re: Inov-8 bare-grip 200 revie

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros76 View Post
    It depends on the terrain you are running. I think in UK you have mostly soft muddy terrain and the big lugs are ideal for this. But for the terrain we have in southern Europe which is rocky and hard, the lugs don't help much. I was thinking of buying the new F-Lite 311 which has 3 arrow cushioning and no lugs, but the upper is the same as the X-Talon (no mesh) which means it will not breathe at all.

Spyros
    The F-lite 230, F-Lite 195, FLYROC 310 would be ideal for the type of dry terrain your suggesting.

The deep lugs limit its usage in soft muddy terrain. If you run in hard trails, fireroads or tarmac, you will feel the lugs and not the terrain. I like the Inov8 shoes but they "insist" in producing models with big lugs which are not suitable for many types of terrain. I think the ones in this model are even bigger than the ones of the X-Talon.
    Thats because they're fell running shoes. Get a pair of roclite 285's, f-lite 230's or 195's and you'll get what you want.
    Just seen your last post, I've had no breathabilty problems with my Talons, though if this is of concern to you again any of the above shoes will be fine.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Eavesy187 the Talons have a very thin layer of textile, no mesh upper as the F-Lite 230 or the Roclite 285.

Eavesy187 the Talons have a very thin layer of textile, no mesh upper as the F-Lite 230 or the Roclite 285.
    Yeah i know, I own a pair. What I was saying is that despite the material i've had no breathability problems. Though if that material concerns you go for roclite 285's, f-lite 230's or 195's. These will be perfect for the terrain you describe.

My ideal shoe for the type of terrain in the uploaded pictures would be one with 3 arrow cushioning (beleive me, you can't run more than 3 hours in this type of terrain with 2 arrow cushioning shoes) a protective rand, sticky rubber outsole and breathable mesh upper. This type of shoe is missing from the Inov-8 range.

My ideal shoe for the type of terrain in the uploaded pictures would be one with 3 arrow cushioning (beleive me, you can't run more than 3 hours in this type of terrain with 2 arrow cushioning shoes) a protective rand, sticky rubber outsole and breathable mesh upper. This type of shoe is missing from the Inov-8 range.
    I think you need cushioned insoles, not raised heels, for that sort of terrain.

Unfortunately most shoes that are caimed to be cushioned have raised heels. What i like in Inov-8 is that they have a small heel to toe differential. In most brands the toe area almost touches the ground while the heel is much higher.

For that try having a look at the new balance mt101. Nice and low with a rock plate in the sole for protection

I have read about this shoe, butit has almost no cushioning at all, which is not the right choice for this type of terrain.

See this video at 3:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3QMtn7qES8 this guy is running Olympus marathon with mudclaw 270, maybe one of the worst choices this kind of terrain. Olympus marathon is certainly not a fell race, the lugs are useless for traction here, they might even cause problems.