Thread: Rab Demand Pull-On

Rab Demand Pull-On

Hi

Has anyone yet tried the Rab Demand? I'm thinking about jacket choice at the moment, and this seems to offer a good compromise between weight, breathability and robustness. Any views would be appreciated.

Thanks

Super Moderator

Re: Rab Demand Pull-On

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...of-jacket-help

Some discussion on this thread of other jackets. I'd go and try on as many as possible
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Thanks DT. I did see that, but had a specific question re the Demand. That said, of couse you've hit the nail on the head. I've done enough research to know relative merits, I just need to try various models on now. Cheers.

£135 from Go Outdoors. Looks the part with Event fabric and lighter (slightly) than my Montane Atomic DT. Not seen/considered it before but I would be having a try on if I was looking for this bit of kit.

OMM are releasing a whole load of new kit later this year, one of which is an eVent jacket and smock (page 7 on the link below). 240g for the smock sounds pretty decent and going by the rest of their gear it'll be good quality and reasonably priced. Not sure why they're persisting with the Kamleikas now though... I don't think they really compete with lightweight eVent and Paclite.

http://www.theomm.com/OMM_Workbook_2010.pdf
    Geoff Clarke

Well, I followed Derby Tup's advice and got from behind my keyboard to try a jacket on rather than just research! Today I drove up to Kendal for a day out with SWMBO, and to finally pop into Pete Bland's shop. I've bought a couple of bits from Pete's on the internet, but this was my first visit. What a mecca! Mrs WJR was waiting outside with our little Westie, and one of the guys there said that she and our dog could come into the shop! What a lovely first experience.

I had a long chat with a very nice man about jackets, paclite versus event, smocks versus jackets, etc. As well as the Rab Demand, I've also been looking at the Haglofs Ozo for some time. So, I tried one on. I was very impressed and, bought it. I also picked up the Inov8 mistlite pants. Perhaps I should have tried other jackets on, but I have to say I'm very happy with this. I'm looking forward to some rain now (OK, maybe not).

Had a great walk around Kendal for the first time too. What a lovely place, and fantastic weather. A trip to the castle, some choccies from the Chocolate House and a coffee and flapjack from the Waterside Cafe on the way back to the car. Great trip all in all.

As for Pete Bland's shop. I was mightily impressed with the very friendly service and advice (including very honestly alluding to the fact that the Ozo is probably more jacket than I'll need for my specific requirements so do I really want to pay that much but, hey, you only live once!). I'll certainly be back.

Oops, forgot to note aspects of the jacket I particularly liked:
    - the lack of weight, obviously (I couldn't believe how light it really is)
    - Good body length (perfect on my waist, and slightly longer on my back)
    - Good arm length, including when pulled further down when using thumb holes (lot's of room for running movement)
    - secure fitting hood when adjusted
    - firm peak to the hood which I suspect will stay in play when the hood is properly adjusted, offering good weather protection for when it gets really windy
    - a great fit at sholders, chest and aroud waist, room to move but not tight and far from baggy (size medium - I have a 38" chest exactly)
    Last edited by wjr; 23-07-2010 at 05:35 PM.