Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Welsh 3000's

Re: Welsh 3000's

Nice one stevemee , think ill have to get back over and have another crack at it with hopefully better conditions and a bit wiser on the route :-)

Thanks Old Un. We really did have perfect conditions. Good luck in your next attempt...hope the weather's as good for you.

Great stuff Steve. Sounds and looks like a fantastic day out.

I'm planning an August attempt. If anyone fancies it please let me know. Otherwise it'll be a solo effort.

Thanks for that, Steve, I enjoyed your write-up.
    You get so few reports and photos from runs, I guess it's just the nature of the beast.
    I feel quite inspired by it, as I mentioned, I'm having a bash at running this in 8 days time, now. This is like the culmination of where I've been trying to work towards since I started running 'properly' about 18 months ago. So it's significant to see people who've gone out and enjoyed it with a fairly non-serious attitude. I just hope I can get around, I imagine I will feel rather uncomfortable by Foel Fras.
    Nice to see the use of poles for the uphill bits, that is what I plan to do.
    Cheers!

I may well be up for that when in august you looking at doing it and what sort of time ? Won't be
    Able to reply while next week though I'm away at mo

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    I may well be up for that when in august you looking at doing it and what sort of time ? Won't be
    Able to reply while next week though I'm away at mo
    Got a couple of things planned mid and late July but after that I'm pretty flexible on date. Tend to do long runs midweek if possible but can do weekends if neccessary.

that suits me ive got a long one end july so mid/end august would work for me too, wot sort of time you looking at im no speed merchant im afraid ok on the hills. il pencil it in and let me know your plans when you make em and we can sort something out im looking forward to another go at now ive got an idea of the route

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    that suits me ive got a long one end july so mid/end august would work for me too, wot sort of time you looking at im no speed merchant im afraid ok on the hills. il pencil it in and let me know your plans when you make em and we can sort something out im looking forward to another go at now ive got an idea of the route
    Am just looking at getting round it, not looking to break any records thats for sure.

Route wise I've done the Glyder section a few times. Not done the section from Ogwen onwards but might be doing a walking recce late July.

Mid / late August is a definite for me and I'm pretty flexible on dates. Maybe sort a date out in 3 or 4 weeks time ?

Anyone else is welcome to join us.

sounds good to me mate im doing wolds way last week in july or first week in august weather dependant so a weeks rest then im good after that. let me know later on as you say :thumbup:

Good luck all! :thumbup:

Yes Joester, the poles were invaluable on this. Definitely worth taking along.