Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Welsh 3000's

Re: Welsh 3000's

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Love to come and join you but I'll be somewhere very hot instead with the family
    You're doing Borrowdale, then, Ian?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    You're doing Borrowdale, then, Ian?
    Alas no I shall doing something very hot in Florida:w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Llechan Wlyb View Post
    Tried this last year, got the service train up Snowdon on a day that was forecast to be dry but cloudy, but on the way up at Clogwyn realised that it was going to be a wet day. By the time I got to Nant I was wet through, but went up Elidir in stormy conditions and once at the summit decided to call it a day and went back home. I was both gutted and p****d off to waste a day off work only for the weather to beat me! Good luck Wheeze, hope you get better weather than I got, don't believe the Met Office web site before you set off!
    Thanks Llechan. Good point about the train. Just booked the 9 am train online. So that means I'll set off as soon as I get to summit...9.45 ish?
    Yeah, weather! Who knows? Just suck it and see but I shall be carrying enough kit to cope I hope. Have been on the Carneddau in pretty hairy conditions in the past. I'm just relaxed about it. What will be will be. Incidentally, what route off Tryfan/up Pen Yr Ole Wen were you planning? Is the route via Afon Lloer easy to follow?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Train, TRAIN!!!!
    Girl

Not sure of my whereabouts that w/e, possibly Spain. If not I could help you alight said train.

Too right buddy! This is a gentleman fellrunners trip.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Hi Simon, just seen this, won't be around to support but have a good long day out!
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

Cheers mate! Weather forecast looks fair. Bit breezy and showers but good viz so hopefully will be comfortable. Decided to invest in a Garmin thingy as I am solo and spent most of yesterday evening working out how to put a route in....not the most obvious of tasks! Hopefully I have it right now. Also been visualising the route using Google Earth. That seems very helpful but lets see on the day.
    Set myself an 8.30 schedule based on Fairbanks traverse but I hope to beat that. Watch this space!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Planning to be up there mate . But won't know till later tonight quite when and where. Should be showing a couple of ladies the route from Pen Y Pass to about Y Garn (anticlockwise), whenever we start in the morning. Also possible Paul B will be having a proper run somewhere about as I'm with his missus. So we'll all be on the lookout for you through the traditional Snowdon murk, and chuckle as you end up god knows where, following your Garmin .
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Ah, you misunderstand me! I shall be using the proper map and compass (if needed). Garmin shall remain tucked in bumbag for emergencies!
    Should be hitting Y garn at 12.30 or thereabouts. Give us a ring! If Paul fancies joining me for a bit, my schedule is:
    Leave Snowdon about 10 am.
    Vaynol Arms about 11.30
    Car park east end of Llyn Ogwen about 3 pm
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Hmmm, little worried about the amount of artificial aid going into this little jaunt, first the train and now some dreadful modern navigation device. Next thing you will be declaring that you are not going to wear Walshes and don some neu arriviste Innovators
    None of this will be allowed when I make my comeback. Hair shirt fell running only:wink: