Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Welsh 3000's

Re: Welsh 3000's

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    OK, so one year on and I'm ready to go again. Will probably look for a window in August as last year. Anyone wanna play? Moley? Boy Wonder??
    would love to give it a go wheeze! Can i tag along?. I cant navigate though and am scared of heights so crib coch is out, i believe i could wait there until others have done it then i can carry on?
    What sort of time would you do it in?
    Thanks

I'll play!!

Will have had two hard weeks walking the GR20 so watch out....
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

OK, so one year on and I'm ready to go again. Will probably look for a window in August as last year. Anyone wanna play? Moley? Boy Wonder??
    I've had this to do for a while, but I'm only free the last weekend in August.

Keepit updated and I'll see what I can do.

August Bank Holiday in Snowdonia?? uuummmmmmmm....nah! I like my mountains peaceful!
    BW, would be great to sort something together.
    Chamber34, no wimps allowed. You'll do Crib Goch or else! S'not that bad, really! And if you can't navigate, we'll have to think of something else useful for you to do. No room for klingons! How are you at carrying large quantities of flapjack and fennel??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

August Bank Holiday in Snowdonia?? uuummmmmmmm....nah! I like my mountains peaceful!
    Chamber34, no wimps allowed. You'll do Crib Goch or else! S'not that bad, really! And if you can't navigate, we'll have to think of something else useful for you to do. No room for klingons! How are you at carrying large quantities of flapjack and fennel??
    AH! yes good point, What about a mid week effort
    camping in nant peris this weekend whilst supporting a PB, erm isn't Snowdon this weekend? could be busy!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've had this to do for a while, but I'm only free the last weekend in August.

Keepit updated and I'll see what I can do.
    Hi Ian,

A small group from the staffs moorlands are going down the BH weekend to hopefully do a 8 to 8.30 round if you are after a few folk to join in with. If so drop us a line and I will put you in the email chain.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Grey View Post
    Hi Ian,

A small group from the staffs moorlands are going down the BH weekend to hopefully do a 8 to 8.30 round if you are after a few folk to join in with. If so drop us a line and I will put you in the email chain.
    Cheers
    I thought we were going for sub 8 this time pie boy?

Especially the shape you are in at the moment, tu tut

cant do grib goch was scared going up pyg track lol. i will help out carrying etc!!! i can eat lots of flapjack though never heard of fennel!!
    maybe sum1 could give me some pointers on navigating on the trip???

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Grey View Post
    Hi Ian,

Cheers
    I'll let you know when i get back from the hols, I'm getting lots of work coming in for most weekend from mid august until after the BG dinner, it's going to play havoc with my running

I'm thinking of doing this myself later in the summer, just backpacked it over two days as a recce! Would offer to navigate as I know the route off by heart, but I'm not here for all of August.

Out of curiosity, what route are you planning on taking on the Snowdon section? Are you starting on the summit (and then doing Crib Goch the wrong way) or are you starting at Pen-Y-Pass. I'm starting at Pen-Y-Pass and I'm currently looking into what is the fastest way down into Nant Peris once I've been over Crib Goch and Snowdon - I tried descending directly from Clogwyn station the other day (there's a tiny little path leading down Cwm Glas Bach) but I've heard if you carry on past Llechog to just east of Halfway Station it might be a bit quicker?