Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Welsh 3000's

Re: Welsh 3000's

Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Ruddles Rule is crucial.
    I'll admit I had to Google it, but yes - that would suit me just fine. Do you think the 'Snowdon Rollercoaster' would be a good start? (Llanberis, Moel Eilio to Moel Cynghorion, up the Ranger to Snowdon, back down Llechog and the long ridge down to Llanberis).
    (I know those mountains well, my fitness is coming along nicely - most of my runs are around 10 miles with hills, I walked the 15 Peaks without very much difficulty back in July).

Is this too ambitious?

I've really no idea! Depends on age, raw ability etc etc. But if you Ruddled it, I would say no problem given you are doing 10 mile runs etc. Thats a very nice course incorporating the best of the Moel Eilio race route.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Hi Wheeze, are you still aiming for tomorrow? Having been away for almost three weeks (GR 20 was just awesome!) I'm needing to spend time on work / relationships so will be limited to being with you in spirit. Catch up with you soon.
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

How did it go? Weather not too bad I think, hope you had an enjoyable day, which is the main thing.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Baled at Nant Peris. Started out against my better judgement with early signs of a lurgy. But, ya know, when you've booked leave, looked forward to it etc etc etc! So, I set off from Pen Y Pass to try the Crib Goch/Ugain/Yr Wyddfa order. Took me 46 minutes to get to Crib Goch. Weather had closed in so I started in thick mist. Made the Crib seem pretty perilous and I was nearly crag fast at one point. However, gathered it back in and made good progress skirting the Pinnacles on the south side. But by Crib Y Ddysgyl, I knew I was in trouble. Everything was taking too much effort. Took Yr Wyddfa still in dense mist and then made off down the tourist track. Popped out of the mist at Clogwyn and then found the descent via Cwm Glas Bach. Very straight forward. Got to nant Peris and, despite the weather picking up, I wasn't. Started on the climb up Eilidir Fawr but realised I probably was not going to make it safely so I binned it.
    Feeling cr*p now so it was a good call.

Third time lucky I hope!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Sorry to hear about that, never mind, the mountains aren't going anywhere soon and they'll be waiting for your next go. 3rd time lucky as you say. Hang on till next spring and I may be joining you, with body and soul back in one piece and running properly again :thumbup:.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Better luck next time Wheeze. It's been on my "must-do" list for a long time too. Maybe I'll come along next time.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

And I'll be there too.... hopefully a little sooner than next spring (18 miles along the river from Bristol to Bath yesterday... feeling good!)
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

Sorry to hear that the run out did not go well Wheeze. At least you are safe and hopefully recovering from the lurgy. Next time.

Take it easy mate.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Thanks guys. Yep, a mass run next spring would be nice. Still gotta scratch that solo itch tho' !
    Good to hear that Moley and BW are itching to go! Just gotta get that Toffer moving now and it can be a proper Steam Bunny attempt!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth