Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One for the men

Re: One for the men

I've PM'd you.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Al, some A&E depts have walk in GP surgeries attached.

Get thee to a docs, and don't spare the horses.

Hope it's nowt, but either way better to know sooner rather than later. Positive vibes.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I had the same a couple of years ago. Booked in at the GPs at short notice, only a woman available. Sat in waiting room worried about it standing to attention, needn't have worried it pretty much retreated in terror.

And it was all fine and the docs really have done this a million times, bloke or not they don't give a monkeys. Good luck.

Al, i get aches in mine all the time and one of the spermatic cords is longer than the other so one sits really dodgy looking. I got referred for an ultrasound scan which is the best thing to have done even if you have a physical examination and get the all clear, if i were you i'd press for an ultrasound scan and you may be able to self-refer. My troublesome one has a habit of disappearing back up from where it came too which is uncomfortable at best.

Here's an afterthought: Walk into your nearest minor injuries unit and see if they'll examine you there and then.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I hope he has been sensible and gone to get this checked out now (and that it is all ok). (Sorry I know I am a girl, I sneaked in).

I've got some experience here too, had a couple of scares.

First of all, you don't need to be embarassed about wapping them out in front of the doctor. They have done this thousands of times before, and if it is anything like my experiences then it will be a discrete and professional procedure getting yourself checked out. Just remember that they approach everything strictly from the medical perspective and you'll be fine. Putting it off is the worst thing, aside from not actually getting a timely diagnosis, it will also just increase your anxiety. I PROMISE, its not as embarassing as you imagine once you are there. More than anything, I just felt so relieved that I'd gone and got examined - somehow it makes you feel like you are not so alone with it.

I would expect that you would be referred for an ultrasound as its the only conclusive way for any diagnosis to be made really, so expect to be referred. Its exactly the same procedure as with a pregnancy - a bit of gel, little hand-held roller to scan with and a screen showing what is going on. Its all over very quickly, and is obviously non-invasive. They'll probably advise you there and then.

My problems started around 2005, but thankfully it turned out to be a different condition. Turns out I have an epidydimal cyst, and always will have. Its a confusing condition because it presents almost the exact same symptoms as Testicular Cancer; there is a lump on one testicle, there is sometimes pain in the scrotum, there is sometimes pain in the groin and/or lower abdomen. After the diagnosis I got on with things, then in 2008 the pain started getting worse again and I started to panic again, so I went back to my GP. But its just the cyst. Sometimes it is painful, sometimes you don't know it is there. (The last bit of advice my GP gave me was to take a couple of paracetamol and carry on as normal!)

So what I would say is that although you are worried, try and keep an open mind, as there are lots and lots of things that could be causing you this pain. Cysts are VERY common, and make up about 30% of all diagnoses for related complaints. You could have a twisted tube. You could have one of the conditions that other people have posted about. You could even just have an infection. But for the love of God, please get to the walk-in centre and get it checked out Al.

It scared the sh*t out of me and I imagine you feel the same. PM me anytime mate.

Simon
    Last edited by simgreen78; 24-07-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

I have suffered epididymitis in the past...inflammation of the epidydimis...symptoms of which are almost identical to those you list

Get checked out sharpish

Has anyone heard from Al? Has he been to get checked out?

Hope he's been sensible and got checked out BEFORE going to Fort William as opposed to waiting until he gets back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barty View Post
    I have suffered epididymitis in the past...inflammation of the epidydimis...symptoms of which are almost identical to those you list

Get checked out sharpish
    Me too. Easily treatable with antibiotics