Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ramsay Round 2010

Ramsay Round 2010

The first 2010 successful completions of the Ramsay Round have just been done this weekend in two separate attempts. :thumbup:

Congratulations to Bruce Poll and Alan Smith who got around in 22:47 on Saturday also Jon Gay and Peter Duggan who did 23:07? and 23:50 on Sunday.

Well done to all

Now all you've got to do is write up a good report for us
    Bill

Re: Ramsay Round 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    The first 2010 successful completions of the Ramsay Round have just been done this weekend in two separate attempts. :thumbup:

Congratulations to Bruce Poll and Alan Smith who got around in 22:47 on Saturday also Jon Gay and Peter Duggan who did 23:07? and 23:50 on Sunday.

Well done to all

Now all you've got to do is write up a good report for us
    Congratulations to all. Were they supported? cw? ccw?
    ydt

Jon and Peter were supported though Jon was Petes support on the first leg then carried on.
    They went anti clockwise.

Not sure about Bruce and Alan I suspect Peter might post more when he's come round
    Bill

Jon and Peter were supported though Jon was Petes support on the first leg then carried on.
    They went anti clockwise.

Not sure about Bruce and Alan I suspect Peter might post more when he's come round
    Bill, "You know that you want to????"

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Bill, "You know that you want to????"

Ian.
    I'm a bit more respectful of Scottish weather, I'll keep reminding myself 50-60mph winds is not a good forecast

Should have listened to young Ben :wink:
    Bill

Good write up here of Pete's Ramsay Round
    Bill

Good write up here of Pete's Ramsay Round
    Bill, take note of the Sgurr Eilde Mor descent along the NE ridge to Luibeilt. I went up that way in my cw round and now fancy a second solo completion ccw (probably next year). The ridge is much better than the dreaded track and steep slope.
    Yiannis

Thanks for raising this here, Bill, because I wasn't sure I wanted to having only just registered the other day! Jon's time confirmed at 23:07.

Didn't know if these were the first completions of 2010, but will be delighted if they are because I think that should get me onto the list at #59.

Bruce and Alan also went anti-clockwise, but actually finished on Friday. Think they were basically self-contained, but *might* (not sure) have been met at Loch Treig (Bruce had asked Jon to do this before realising that he'd be on his way with me so soon afterwards). Alan was apparently then intending to head for Snowdon, but sensibly changed his mind!

To everyone here, must just say that Bill/Baggins has been very helpful to me since discovering my blog recently and I sincerely hope he gets his round next time!

@Yiannis, we tried your Devil's Ridge traverse and some of your other shortcuts, but preferred to go over most things in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Bill, take note of the Sgurr Eilde Mor descent along the NE ridge to Luibeilt. I went up that way in my cw round and now fancy a second solo completion ccw (probably next year). The ridge is much better than the dreaded track and steep slope.
    Yiannis
    That's interesting Yiannis. I had looked on the map at that route, to go up the ridge on a CW round. It looks so much shorter. I'd wanted to have a look at it if I ever had time, but not got the chance.
    But the vast majority of cw attempts go to the ruin and up from there, don't they?
    (The other Bill!)
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post
    Didn't know if these were the first completions of 2010, but will be delighted if they are because I think that should get me onto the list at #59.
    Charlie told me a few weeks back that no one had been round this year so a good chance that these will be the first.
    Bill