Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Round Hill Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Well most of you missed a lovely race! I know who you are as I was registering runners in, which unfortunately took longer than I expected - so I missed the start and wasn't able to run.
    This meant I could help at the finish which was new to me. Lovely to receive a gentle introduction to the dark art of fell race organisation from Andrew R. What was even finer was that Antonio put on one of his better performances and finished 20 minutes faster than last year (when I was sweeper) - so less hanging around at the death. Don't worry - he was still last.
    I can tell you a very funny story about a head of the field runner who lost a prize winning place due to some unfortunate poo issues!
    A pot hunter who preferred a poo to a prize?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    A pot hunter who preferred a poo to a prize?
    As ever, dryly humorous Mr Breeze. They were shit prizes anyway!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I can tell you a very funny story about a head of the field runner who lost a prize winning place due to some unfortunate poo issues!
    I can't help wondering whether this incident is similar to what happened to me at the 1979 Goat Fell race, when on the descent I was very grateful that the heather beside the path was deep enough for me to squat down without being seen - twice. I also kept running beyond the finish line until I had reached the toilets.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges