Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Round Hill Fell Race

Re: Round Hill Fell Race

Perfect day for it, warm but with a nice breeze over the tops. Great job Otley AC, really enjoyable race.

Great course, highly recommended and great atmosphere...thanks for everyone who checked after I took a bad ankle fall at 2 miles, got through in about 80 mins, but downhill was slow and painful...sorry for anyone who was slowed by my hobble...next year I'll be back!!!!
    Shaved my dreads off...now just 'Jeff'...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Jeff View Post
    Great course, highly recommended and great atmosphere...thanks for everyone who checked after I took a bad ankle fall at 2 miles, got through in about 80 mins, but downhill was slow and painful...sorry for anyone who was slowed by my hobble...next year I'll be back!!!!
    I was a couple of places behind you when you went over, Jeff, glad you managed to make it around and hopefully have a speedy recovery.

Thanks again, it's a bit balloon shaped at the minute, so lots of rest before Norland....
    Shaved my dreads off...now just 'Jeff'...

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    I've finally managed to get rid of my Borrowdale entry today, so you can't tempt me into it anymore. Good luck!
    Thanks Dino, it was nice to have a trot round Round Hill on Sunday after Borrowdale, without feeling under pressure to 'run hard'! Did you manage to recce Turner Landscape on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Thanks Dino, it was nice to have a trot round Round Hill on Sunday after Borrowdale, without feeling under pressure to 'run hard'! Did you manage to recce Turner Landscape on Saturday?
    I did thanks, WJB. Had a great day doing the route after camping at the beautiful Turner Hall campsite on the Friday night. I'm not running it this year but it's on my list now. Woke up not really feeling like running on Sunday but did anyway. Hope you enjoyed your double.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

On Saturday night the weatherman on the news said we were going to get battered by hurricane Bertha. I awoke Sunday morning looked out the curtains and it looked grim but not horrendous. So 90 minutes later I find myself in the quaint little village hall of picturesque Timble, a small village on the outskirts of Otley.
    I've never done Round Hill and was expecting it to be a runnable course due to it's category CM. I much prefer the rough stuff but love trying out new races. I was hoping the flat sections would at least be wet soggy moorland and fortunately my luck was in. There's also sections of fast tracks but at least there was some cracking puddles to run through, I think I'm still a big kid at heart.
    The start is fast on track and I was struggling to hang onto the front pack and was relieved when we hit the woods and soon the moors. I settled into a group off the pace of the front pack and started to enjoy the more familiar terrain of the moors. The climbs were all runnable and the descents were not technical but care was needed over the slippy surface. It was a fast track finish of maybe a mile and it had me blowing big time, happy with 12th.
    The weather was wet but thankfully hardly any wind and it was a good mild running temperature, Bertha was kind.
    Thanks to all involved and hats off to all the drenched marshals( see you soon Shane, take care).
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    On Saturday night the weatherman on the news said we were going to get battered by hurricane Bertha. I awoke Sunday morning looked out the curtains and it looked grim but not horrendous. So 90 minutes later I find myself in the quaint little village hall of picturesque Timble, a small village on the outskirts of Otley.
    I've never done Round Hill and was expecting it to be a runnable course due to it's category CM. I much prefer the rough stuff but love trying out new races. I was hoping the flat sections would at least be wet soggy moorland and fortunately my luck was in. There's also sections of fast tracks but at least there was some cracking puddles to run through, I think I'm still a big kid at heart.
    The start is fast on track and I was struggling to hang onto the front pack and was relieved when we hit the woods and soon the moors. I settled into a group off the pace of the front pack and started to enjoy the more familiar terrain of the moors. The climbs were all runnable and the descents were not technical but care was needed over the slippy surface. It was a fast track finish of maybe a mile and it had me blowing big time, happy with 12th.
    The weather was wet but thankfully hardly any wind and it was a good mild running temperature, Bertha was kind.
    Thanks to all involved and hats off to all the drenched marshals( see you soon Shane, take care).
    Yes, it was a bit damp wasn't it?

A good day and let me also add my thanks to all the marshalls who stood out in the rain for what was probably far too long.

I image Otley A.C. will have the results out fairly soon, but from memory:

1. Adam Osbourne (Leeds A.C ?)
    2. Andy Grant (Harrogate Harriers)
    3. John Young (Harrogate Harrers)

1. Rebecca Caesar De Sa (Skyrac I think)
    2. Sorry, forgot
    3. Helen Price (Harrogate Harriers)

And me a lot further down the list. Good to meet you Darren, the ice pack has been applied.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Yes, it was a bit damp wasn't it?

A good day and let me also add my thanks to all the marshalls who stood out in the rain for what was probably far too long.

I image Otley A.C. will have the results out fairly soon, but from memory:

1. Adam Osbourne (Leeds A.C ?)
    2. Andy Grant (Harrogate Harriers)
    3. John Young (Harrogate Harrers)

1. Rebecca Caesar De Sa (Skyrac I think)
    2. Sorry, forgot
    3. Helen Price (Harrogate Harriers)

And me a lot further down the list. Good to meet you Darren, the ice pack has been applied.
    All the best with your ankle Martyn, some R.I.C.E should have you back running in no time. Brilliant run by Helen so soon after the Lakeland 50, very impressive. Great to meet you both.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

it was good to chat with you in the last mile Darren. You were running well to say it's not your ideal course and you'd raced on Saturday (of course!) and were on nights!

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post