Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Hill Fell Race

Re: Round Hill fell race

I should be there....any on road stuff???

Just thinking about shoes ruin my mud claws if its bone dry (ooop norf as if) or wear my swoops and ruin my feet??

Calf
    No road, but about 1 mile of like hardcore track, 1/2 at the start 1/2 at the end, it was sunny and dry on Friday and this mornning it's a nice start to the day, apart from the two bogs, which are not that bad about 100m across,it could be a very dry course.

Talking Re: Round Hill fell race

Just noticed some photos on Otley ac's gallery.

I'm quite pleased with the one of me at the start but the one at the end makes me look like a sweaty Bernard Manning in lycra!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    Just noticed some photos on Otley ac's gallery.

I'm quite pleased with the one of me at the start but the one at the end makes me look like a sweaty Bernard Manning in lycra!!!

Flippin eck....it was 'ot wasn't it? SOOOO grateful for that water halfway round or so and think if it was wet it would have been a lot worse under foot!

Emm,
    I did not see any PINK yesterday, I did the same time as last year 79:07maybe a few seconds faster, but I felt shattered compared to how I felt last year, still winning a spot prize of beer did help to cool me down.

I saw two sets of pink, but emmilou was definitely the pinker.

(Actually, three sets of pink, if you include me after the race. Wish I'd put on some sun screen...)
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Bits of me were pink from continual falling over ...... I wasn't pissed honest
    Hoping for a far more successful 2009

thought I did quite a good impression of a sun going supernova I was that bloody hot at the end

Well I did the race. My first fell race in about 20 months since surgery and I didn't come last...as was my greatest fear! 6th female home out of 17. 3rd female in my age group out of 8.

Heat damned near killed me though (blonde and fair and don't do heat) and so I had to walk a lot towards the end because I thought my head was about to explode! So I was disappointed with my time. However, really chuffed that I had no knee pain at all, which is just the best.

...but very disappointed that 12 hrs later I was admitted to hospital after having been in epigastric agony since about half an hour after the race. Managed to escape the hospital after a couple of days but still waiting test results and don't know yet if the two are linked.

Well done to all in that heat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Well I did the race. My first fell race in about 20 months since surgery and I didn't come last...as was my greatest fear! 6th female home out of 17. 3rd female in my age group out of 8.

Heat damned near killed me though (blonde and fair and don't do heat) and so I had to walk a lot towards the end because I thought my head was about to explode! So I was disappointed with my time. However, really chuffed that I had no knee pain at all, which is just the best.

...but very disappointed that 12 hrs later I was admitted to hospital after having been in epigastric agony since about half an hour after the race. Managed to escape the hospital after a couple of days but still waiting test results and don't know yet if the two are linked.

Well done to all in that heat!!
    Blimey Nila that sounds painful....hope you get better soon and well done on sunday. I was the one with the pink top and pink ribbons....no idea where I finished as can't access the results in the format they're in!! You probably passed me though!