Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Hill Fell Race

Re: Round Hill fell race

ah Thanks Brett.....

Hi Emmilou,

You passed me on the initial track run...as did most people, it takes me a while to settle into my stride! But I passed you again on one of the first inclines. I was the only one in a Leeds Bradford Triathlon top.

I was going to say hello to you, from my previous post about 'getting back on the horse', but I don't know you and can be quite shy so I didn't. What a wus I am! Never believe I'm nearly 40!

There's a piccy of everyone on the first and final legs on the website...including you, pink ribbons and all!

Well done. It was so hot. Hottest day of the year they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Hi Emmilou,

You passed me on the initial track run...as did most people, it takes me a while to settle into my stride! But I passed you again on one of the first inclines. I was the only one in a Leeds Bradford Triathlon top.

I was going to say hello to you, from my previous post about 'getting back on the horse', but I don't know you and can be quite shy so I didn't. What a wus I am! Never believe I'm nearly 40!

There's a piccy of everyone on the first and final legs on the website...including you, pink ribbons and all!

Well done. It was so hot. Hottest day of the year they say.
    oh you should have said hello....I don't bite well not all the time! Glad to see/hear you've recovered from your injury but sorry to hear about the stint in hospital....don't suppose heat/dehydration could be a factor??

The pictures aren't the most flattering and what the hell was I doing wearing those long shorts! Nearly expired in that heat.....just too hot for me certainly not conjusive with 'running' !

No, not dehydrated as quite careful about that and pee was nice and pale. Had no other symptoms of heat stroke either. Hospitals are quite convinced it's gastric.

I know I shoud,say hello but I really am crap at at that sort of thing.

Wouldn't worry about your piccie, I look like a bloke as usual with my hair tied back and a pained frown on my face! I see most of the blokes had their chests out by the end due to the heat...not sure us girlies could get away with such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    No, not dehydrated as quite careful about that and pee was nice and pale. Had no other symptoms of heat stroke either. Hospitals are quite convinced it's gastric.

I know I shoud,say hello but I really am crap at at that sort of thing.

Wouldn't worry about your piccie, I look like a bloke as usual with my hair tied back and a pained frown on my face! I see most of the blokes had their chests out by the end due to the heat...not sure us girlies could get away with such a thing
    hell I was tempted I can tell you!! After the Marshall with the water and the last climb by the ruined building I'd have given anything to be able to strip off!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    I'd have given anything to be able to strip off!
    We would have given anything for you to strip off as well
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    We would have given anything for you to strip off as well
    ba boom tish!

The Round Hill

Who's going to this one tomorrow?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Super Moderator

Re: The Round Hill

I'll be there Tussockface. Very long time no see; it'll be good to have a catch-up.
    Poacher turned game-keeper