Thread: new club

new club

unfortunately i am in the position of looking for a new club. as i work in Kendal might be better to look at a club that trains near that area. any ideas please?

Re: new club

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    unfortunately i am in the position of looking for a new club. as i work in Kendal might be better to look at a club that trains near that area. any ideas please?
    What is your current club? Lonsdale?
    For Kendal your options are Kendal AC or Helme Hill.
    Do you actually need to train with the club that you are a member of? Some Bowland members are only 'seen' at races ( competing or helping/marshalling) or when someone needs support on an ultra-long challenge run. They thrive on 'secret training'. We also have some geographically seperated groups that do not get to train with other groups. And some of those training groups are joined by members of other clubs who live / work handy to a given group's location.
    You do not have to isolate yourself just to your club, for training purposes.

Re: new club

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    What is your current club? Lonsdale?
    For Kendal your options are Kendal AC or Helme Hill.
    Do you actually need to train with the club that you are a member of? Some Bowland members are only 'seen' at races ( competing or helping/marshalling) or when someone needs support on an ultra-long challenge run. They thrive on 'secret training'. We also have some geographically seperated groups that do not get to train with other groups. And some of those training groups are joined by members of other clubs who live / work handy to a given group's location.
    You do not have to isolate yourself just to your club, for training purposes.

Secret training??! No way!