Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aches and Pains...

Re: Aches and Pains...

I think fellrunning brings its own problems - which are not necessarily any 'less worse' than road-related injuries.

If you have a lower-back weakness for instance, fellrunning can really muck it up - trust me.

I think it is also probably worse on your ankles and achilles.

I reckon tired legs in the morning and sore quads when going up the stairs at work are to be expected. I have to agree though that taking five minutes to stretch out your legs makes a huge difference to recovery.

I've ran every night this week so far including a couple of hard sessions and a medium club run around Kinder. This is the first week I've ran this much but a good stretch after every run and my legs feel a bit tired but much better than they would if I hadn't stretched.

I definitely agree that stretching helps, it certainly helps me recover, much more than I though it ever would!

They key if you've just started is to build up slowly and your body will gradually get used to increased mileages.

Can't really advise on jackets, I just use a Berghaus Goretex Paclite jacket that I use for summer walking. It's a bit on the heavy side but as I'm also a student I ain't got the money to buy anything else! It does the job fine and it pretty breathable.

P.S. What uni do you go to?
    Last edited by Sam Harrison; 16-09-2010 at 01:44 AM.